• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee tires & wheels on an M101

shootiniron

I put a set of humvee tires and wheels on my M101 trailer and they seem to be a bit to set back.They dont rub but are close and the e-brake cables barely clear.I would like to know what size spacers would work.I'm looking at the 1 1/2" spacers but like to see if anyone else has experienced this.Thanks!

Nonotagain

I put a set of humvee tires and wheels on my M101 trailer and they seem to be a bit to set back.They dont rub but are close and the e-brake cables barely clear.I would like to know what size spacers would work.I'm looking at the 1 1/2" spacers but like to see if anyone else has experienced this.Thanks!

Both my M101a3 and M116a3 trailers came with the 37/12.50x16.5 HWMMV bead lock wheels and Goodyear radial tires on them. There is plenty of clearance on the parking brake cables.

You might consider placing a set of small coil springs on the cables to route them to the centerline of the trailer.

number9

Sounds like your trailer is not one with the wider axle. My M116A3 has the same wheels/tires you put on and there is about 6" gap between the back of the tire and the trailer frame.

papakb

I've been running standard HMMWV wheels and tires on my M101A2 for years without any problems. When I first installed them I noticed how close the wheels were to the wheel wells on the trailer and added some 3/8" spacers I bought on eBay. They went right on and allowed me to use the original lug nuts. There is no evidence of wheel rub in the wells and the trailer has had some pretty heavy loads in it. I have seen some fancy 2" wheel spacers for these trailers but didn't feel the need justified the cost.

Wolf.Dose

As far as I do remember, the base axle is the same. The difference is the wheel hubs and the brake between A1 and A2. A3 I can not say, we never had them in Europe. And I also have no manual of it and never saw one for a M101A3.
Here the new model trailers appered which were designed for the hummer. But most of these where gone to middele east. Who knows what ever will come back from there. These new trailers have a 17 digid chassis number.
Wolf

Nonotagain

As far as I do remember, the base axle is the same. The difference is the wheel hubs and the brake between A1 and A2. A3 I can not say, we never had them in Europe. And I also have no manual of it and never saw one for a M101A3.
Here the new model trailers appered which were designed for the hummer. But most of these where gone to middele east. Who knows what ever will come back from there. These new trailers have a 17 digid chassis number.
Wolf
The small utility trailer to replace the M101 is the M1101 and M1102.

The trailers are exactly the same, just that the 1102 has to be towed by a heavier version HMMWV for the heavy payload.

As for serial numbers. The US Government decreed that all motor vehicles had to start using longer VIN numbers.

Nonotagain

Does anyone know what kind of trailer this is. It looks like it goes with the hummer. Thanks for any help!
The trailers pictured are either M1101 or M1102 trailers. The boxes are aluminum instead of steel.

No practical difference between the two.

There are three repair orders out for those trailers.