• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Tow Fight Vs Dodge Ram

buhdontcare

Hey Guys so I've had my 1989 6.2 pig for a few weeks now & it's freakin awesome. I have an engineer friend who insists his Dodge Ram 1500 would beat my Humvee in a tow fight. He claims with added weight in his bed, I would have no chance. I agreed & it's set to go down tomorrow.

What's the best way to beat him? Lowest gear in HL & let him start off first w/ my brakes on & then slowly apply gas? I also have 24 bolt bead locks so was thinking of dropping to like 10psi. The issue is he's an engineer & way smarter then me so I'm sure he knows more then I do.

Thoughts?

Zed254

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
He is heavier than you and thats a big advantage. Is his gas or diesel? The humvee isnt really made for pulling like that. Are you doing it on dirt or pavement? Humvee has torsen diffs you need traction on both sides of an axle to have traction in that axle. You need more weight. An extra 800lbs distributed under the seats or on the floor pans. You can put a little in the back maybe 200lbs but not too much. You need to be in low lock and 1st gear. Tire pressure around 10-12 psi on dirt a bit higher if on pavement. Engineers tend to over think things.

orgnal

Hey Guys so I've had my 1989 6.2 pig for a few weeks now & it's freakin awesome. I have an engineer friend who insists his Dodge Ram 1500 would beat my Humvee in a tow fight. He claims with added weight in his bed, I would have no chance. I agreed & it's set to go down tomorrow.

What's the best way to beat him? Lowest gear in HL & let him start off first w/ my brakes on & then slowly apply gas? I also have 24 bolt bead locks so was thinking of dropping to like 10psi. The issue is he's an engineer & way smarter then me so I'm sure he knows more then I do.

Thoughts?
I would not do this with my HMMWV. That said, I would do it in low lock. Air it down a little like you plan to, use brake-throttle modulation and wait for the Dodge to spin it's wheels and then you will start moving forward. If the Dodge also goes for the same approach, you will have two vehicles with burnt out transmissions and broken transfer cases. You can practice the Brake-throttle modulation in with transfer case gearing in low lock before hand.

McReddy

Jericho

If you fail , Ill try him with my 5 ton, but , I don't do bigger trucks, hate to break things , good luck !
LOL

Bighorn

4 wheel Low range.
Air 'em down to 10 psi or less.
Lock up the brakes when they say "GO!" and just let the Dodge spin his tires trying to pull you.
Then while he is spinning them, let off the brake a little and slowly give it some gas.
You'll pull him like he's parked on ice.

dilvoy

Have the challenge with both vehicles containing just the driver, full tank of fuel and nothing else other than what they were built with. Otherwise you may as well change engines, tires and anything else for the specific challenge, which would be even more silly than this challenge already is.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shameful, a 1 1/4ton vehicle against a civvy half ton.... I don't think I'd brag even if I won.

How about a Ram 4500 tow pig as a more reasonable match?

(Edit in case in isn't obvious that I am kidding)

Last edited:

lindsey97

How do you beat him?

Get a big stick and clobber the engineer, preferably in the cranial area. When finished, do not leave the big stick behind and drive away in hmmwv. Don't forget to air your tires back up.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks