• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee trailering set up

Action

Open the claw, set trailer in, close, add chains and brake cable and pin, plug in the trailer to the receptacle, check lights. or something along those lines. release trailer brakes.

Bucho

It does but it is based on a 24 volt military plug. You could not not just hook up any trailer. If you wanted to tow just a run of the mill trailer you would have to rewire it. Also there is no ball hitch on these, it is a pintle hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

I don't think there's an official adapter. I've seen several on eBay that look decently built, but I don't know what their true capacities might be. It might be possible to purchase and install an AM General H1 hitch receiver, but you might have to remove your pintle hitch to install it.

ryanruck

I don't think there's an official adapter. I've seen several on eBay that look decently built, but I don't know what their true capacities might be. It might be possible to purchase and install an AM General H1 hitch receiver, but you might have to remove your pintle hitch to install it.
The H1 hitch will install no problem. You must have the airlift bumper and the pintle must be removed. Only "modification" was having to drill the body brackets to mount the outside hitch brackets to.

It's an impressive mount that doesn't just mount to the bumper and body brackets, it also has braces that attach it to the rear lower control arm mounts.

Pic from about a year ago when I was nearly wrapped up on the install.

IMG_1121_zpseskf2rhy.jpg

All parts purchased from HummerPartsGuy but you might find them at other places:

6008114 - RECEIVER, TRAILER HITCH
6007689B5 - BRACE, TRAILER HITCH (RH)
6007688B5 - BRACE, TRAILER HITCH (LH)
6007931 - BRACKET, HITCH (RH)
6007905 - BRACKET, HITCH (LH)
6018756 - BRACKET, TRAILER HITCH (RH)
6018757 - BRACKET, TRAILER HITCH (LH)

You'll have to hunt down some Grade 8 bolts, washers, and nuts for everything.

Last edited:

Wrbrackett

Thank you for everyone's help.i really appreciate it.so I should be able to find the same boat trailer bulbs in 24 volt?
I will double check I think my trailer has leds,not sure if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

infidel got me

A simple 4 wire trailer plug can be tapped in to existing taillight wiring at the rear of the truck- cost around 6 bucks. Evolve from the Amish boat lighting (24 VOLT) bulbs and go led.....

TucsonVTXF

the military plug in that setup is other side of what you need any bulbs on your boat trailer will need to be led bulbs that can handle 24v or 24v bulbs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks