• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee wheel beadlock and run flats

RPMRPM

Hey guys I’m building a extreme overlanding rig and I was wondering if it is possible to run the Non CTIS fun flats with the full width beadlock ring or if it’s only one of the other and if you can do both anyone have any advice

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standard military configuration is 2-piece rims + the beadlock/runflat insert, most military HMMWVs do not have CTIS.

Personally I don't want the weight and balance issues of the runflat (and I don't offroad where I'm expecting to have problems that would need a runflat), so I just use a PVC beadlock insert instead.

But I don't see any reason why you couldn't run CTIS or no-CTIS w/ any combination. Just keep in mind with the two piece military rims, the angle of the bead is a bit different then a 'normal' civilian rim.. so IMHO an inner beadlock is recommended so you don't lose the tire if you do run air pressure too low (or get a flat).

RPMRPM

Standard military configuration is 2-piece rims + the beadlock/runflat insert, most military HMMWVs do not have CTIS.

Personally I don't want the weight and balance issues of the runflat (and I don't offroad where I'm expecting to have problems that would need a runflat), so I just use a PVC beadlock insert instead.

But I don't see any reason why you couldn't run CTIS or no-CTIS w/ any combination. Just keep in mind with the two piece military rims, the angle of the bead is a bit different then a 'normal' civilian rim.. so IMHO an inner beadlock is recommended so you don't lose the tire if you do run air pressure too low (or get a flat).
Awesome thanks for the info

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks