• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

humvee wheels on a m1028

b framer

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, and I must say it's great! I'm looking at putting a set of Humvee wheels on my cucv. I was wondering what size spacer someone has used. Also, if anyone has these wheels on their truck, I would like to see a picture.

motormayhem

I think you need dually front hubs and spacers in the rear. Not 100% sure but I believe the rear is 2 5/8" but someone will chime in who knows. I have a set that came with the surplus wheels I bought, but after researching it I have decided to sell them rather than do what needs to be done to run them. They do look great on these trucks though.

4bogginchevys

the front already tracks wider on chevy trucks, you might measure front and rear and buy spacers to achieve equal wheel base width front and rear, would look better anyway.2cents

motormayhem

i think spacers would be fine if the are properly installed. is it easy to recenter them if u can weld?
You have to buy new centers (or make them if you have access to a machine shop) then cut out the old center and weld in the new one. The tricky part is getting it centered correctly and just right so that the wheel turns true and is on center. The nice thing about re-centering is you can get almost any backspacing or lug pattern you want. Also be aware that the rims are only a double internal beadlock with the insert (mag runflat or pvc spacer). Otherwise they are just a split rim.

Pirate4x4.Com - The largest off roading and 4x4 website in the world.

Copperhead Fabrication