• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee windshield wiper pivot assy.

Action

so, i guess you fixed the heater by connecting the ground wire? You seem to have moved on to another project and didnt update the other....

jim1131

so, i guess you fixed the heater by connecting the ground wire? You seem to have moved on to another project and didnt update the other....
Nope, just skipped it, ground was connected but still no heat. Also fan clutch not kicking in but temp sensor, thermostat and Cadillac valve are good. Fuel guage jumping all over the place and im just about to give up on this project

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, just skipped it, ground was connected but still no heat. Also fan clutch not kicking in but temp sensor, thermostat and Cadillac valve are good. Fuel guage jumping all over the place and im just about to give up on this project
Don’t give up. Maybe loose connection on back of gauge? Mine didn’t work at all and I had to replace the sending unit and it was pretty easy with the access door there. Has to be that valve that is not letting water in.

jim1131

Don’t give up. Maybe loose connection on back of gauge? Mine didn’t work at all and I had to replace the sending unit and it was pretty easy with the access door there. Has to be that valve that is not letting water in.
I'm guessing it is the valve, nothing else left to check except for the switch on the dash.

Action

yes. Pry the arm and cap off if the stud.
does the heater FAN come on at all? Or you have air flow, just not hot. You leave lots of info out. If you have fan but no heat, you can just replace the valve with a piece of hose.
Did all of this stuff work fine before you took it all apart to paint?

jim1131

does the heater FAN come on at all? Or you have air flow, just not hot. You leave lots of info out. If you have fan but no heat, you can just replace the valve with a piece of hose.
Actually the truck didn't run when I got it. It was missing the lights, start box, instrument cluster, starter, turbo and a bunch of other items. I took the heater blower / AC off before getting the truck running and it did have a full charge of freon in the system so I'm assuming it did work. The blower does turn on but will not blow hot air when the switch is on heat. I will be checking the switch on the dash to make sure it is making contact when switched to heat and probably buy a new valve if the switch tests ok.

jim1131

I was able to replace the pivots, thank you for the help, now I can go back to the heater problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks