• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee won't start after changing transmission shifter

daniel.7575

Hi guys..
Wondering if anyone knows what I've done?? Just changed out my transmission shift unit, and now truck won't start.. Batteries are good and glow system is merrily clicking away but when I move lever to start there's nothing..
so I think it may be the neutral switch?.. Is there also a neutral switch on the transmission? Do these both need to be set up some how?
The old levers were pretty worn and loose so I'm wondering if I should have reset things somehow when fitting a new unit?
I'm going to look through TM's but thought someone may know something obvious that I've missed..!
Thanks in advance..

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there is a switch to prevent the truck from starting in gear. Must be in Neutral (or Park if equipped) for the HMMWV to start. Some did get finickey over time on where the lever had to be.

daniel.7575

Thanks for the reply.. So the switch is on the shifter... Is it the same type of switch as the one on the handbrake? Got a ball bearing in that is depressed..
So is there also a switch on the trans itself? I'm thinking that if that's the case then when the levers in neutral the trans is in drive and when the trans is in neutral the shifter is not? I'm pretty sure I reconnected the wires correctly though I didn't see a seperte ground anywhere?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks