• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvees sold/remaining to be sold

heavyzee

I don't have an answer to your question, but i haven't seen too many non-runners (which is what i like to buy) since January; also prices seem to have jumped a bit, but that may be people spending their tax refund early in the year

911joeblow

They still scrap a ton of them. They just sold off 50+ for scrap ONLY, no parts salvage in Utah. Nice A2s and later slantbacks with turrets etc... almost made me cry...

jeffy777

Just wondering if anyone has an estimate of the number of HUMVEES sold since GP started to offer them and also an estimate of how many remain to be offered via GP?
A friend of mine knows a General in charge of this process. He said they want to get rid of 5,000-20,000 units a year for 5 to 10 years. GP has delivered about 5,000(their site say 4413) and there may have been 1,000 sold in different forms and some have been reallocated to military allies. But things change GP could lose contract or HMMWV civil sales could be halted. My information is third or forth person so it maybe messed up. So there is no real absolute answer to your question.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can be sure GP will control the supply so as not to flood the market.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that those nice A2s started showing up right at tax return time?

360k. There's copious amounts remaining...

Wire Fox

All I know is I wish I had the money to buy about 6 of them, cosmoline everything I can't use today, and pack them away into a warehouse. That way I at least have parts available for years and I can reference special parts to always be able to machine replacements.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I always find interesting is how some of the stuff we are not supposed to get like armored doors, slantbacks, gun rings, armor etc leak out from obviously scrap sales or so I theorize.....

Back to question, Yes many are in the pipeline. Interesting discussions going on G503 about the new batch of m1045a2's and the future :)

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Interesting discussions going on G503 about the new batch of m1045a2's"

I would discuss it here but fear getting slapped again. Can't afford another demerit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks