• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvees under 15,000

jshummer

I hope you are not planning this as a daily driver. They are not exactly comfortable. 55mph top speed, not fuel efficient, no AC, no radio, no protection from the elements, no storage, no security, I could go on. That doesn't even address the registration issue. Florida has some special requirements to register one of these to make them even less likely for a daily driver. Make sure you know what you are buying. As for selling price, I recently sold one of mine that I did a fair amount of work. New paint, new seats, new top, new mats, it had a very new 6.5, titled and registered. I sold it for $18K and it took me about 3 months before finding a new home.
I have 3 other cars - 2 GM LS2 & SBC. 05 Range Rover and an electric motorcycle. Looking for a fun truck to replace the Range, camping, towing jet ski's and small center consoles. I don't commute to work either. I haven't owned a vehicle outside of the electric motorcycle that gets more than 20mpg mixed driving. The vette's are the exception when you want to get 30mpg on the highway. I met with a Steel Soldiers member yesterday. Great guy and great truck. I will see another on Saturday.

donquijote

I have 3 other cars - 2 GM LS2 & SBC. 05 Range Rover and an electric motorcycle. Looking for a fun truck to replace the Range, camping, towing jet ski's and small center consoles. I don't commute to work either. I haven't owned a vehicle outside of the electric motorcycle that gets more than 20mpg mixed driving. The vette's are the exception when you want to get 30mpg on the highway. I met with a Steel Soldiers member yesterday. Great guy and great truck. I will see another on Saturday.
Is your electric motorcycle one of the zerobikes? Looking at getting one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EladB

If I buy one, it will be my "daily driver", to the extent that I actually drive daily. I'm a full time telecommuter, so most days the truck sits in the driveway. I average around 7K miles on my existing truck, mostly in town. My only real focus for comfort would be a little noise reduction and some seat heaters. I'm old. We have a nice comfy vehicle for road trips. I've always wanted to pick up an M151, but that lacks any trace of practicality. A Humvee would do pretty much everything I want it to - and it will actually fit in the garage, unlike the F150.

Talked to my wife about this crazy idea yesterday. I told her it would work out OK, I'd even come out a few grand ahead after selling the truck. She asked why the **** I'd sell my beautiful truck instead of just keeping them both. I guess I'll keep her around, too. :)

Oh, and NE is plenty hot in summer -- as well as plenty cold in winter. Hence the seat warmers. It's snowing again today.

jshummer

Is your electric motorcycle one of the zerobikes? Looking at getting one.

I wish it was a Zero those are nice, you should get one. I have a 2000W Grom Clone. You can find them on eBay or craigslist. They can be upgraded with lithium LifePO4 batteries and larger hub motors. Cool bikes, share all the same suspension parts with the Honda Grom. I use it to beat traffic find parking in Miami when I want to. It's fun, cheap, and has absolutely no maintenance other than tires or brakes.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy one of the USMC trucks from GP. They are sold with clean SF-97's that are not branded, "Off Road Use Only".

donquijote

I wish it was a Zero those are nice, you should get one. I have a 2000W Grom Clone. You can find them on eBay or craigslist. They can be upgraded with lithium LifePO4 batteries and larger hub motors. Cool bikes, share all the same suspension parts with the Honda Grom. I use it to beat traffic find parking in Miami when I want to. It's fun, cheap, and has absolutely no maintenance other than tires or brakes.
Thats a pretty cool setup with the grom. I'm probably going to sell one of my humvees and pick up a zero. Love the idea of using it for quick trips around town, and the low maintenance.

desmodromic

The usmc ones be pricey
They premium is well worth it. If you score one with a fairly recent reset you are way ahead of the game in repair/upgrade time saved, and ultimately $$$.

6.5L/4 Speed/12K suspension/Fording Kit/AC/highbacks etc

There really is a night and day difference between the A0/A1 Army rigs and the A2 USMC rigs.

YMMV

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive mine nearly everyday from April till December, it's not my main ride, unless I get a warm day, also anytime I go to HD or anything else I drive it.
I'm about 5 miles from work, so if it's cold it takes forever to warm up, but come summer, I put the pipes doors on and I'm on the road
I did change the seats, makes a big difference

ikoinu

Daily driver, only vehicle currently.
4 days a week 25 miles a day, 2 days a week 70 miles a day.
Has been 32 in the morning occasionally, 105 in the afternoons also.
All good here. (besides slow, loud, and hot ;)

Last edited:

jshummer

I have a few other cars, my commute is all of 1.5 miles. I usually ride the bicycle. So daily driving for me is just errands and pleasure.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello
Please if you have humvee price under 15000 and ready for export for me in France ,please send
Me offers
Cordialement Jean Yves
Jean, you are quoting a member who left this forum a year ago.

You need an experienced exporter, as selling these trucks outside the USA can be a crime unless done through correct channels.

Easier to find one for sale in Europe.

Finding a good truck for export that costs less than $15,000 might be unrealistic.

sue

Jean, you are quoting a member who left this forum a year ago.

You need an experienced exporter, as selling these trucks outside the USA can be a crime unless done through correct channels.

Easier to find one for sale in Europe.

Finding a good truck for export that costs less than $15,000 might be unrealistic.
We live 5miles from a river that has a little mud, hills and a lot of sand. We’re doors off in warm weather and about 3-4 times a week we throw in a few beers, boom box and go four wheeling and watch the sunset. Had ours for about two years, put in a roll cage because the granddaughter likes to go with once in a while. We love ours and say go for it, if you know a hammer from a screwdriver you get along just fine.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks