• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hunting for Idle on Deceleration

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently installed a new IP.

Truck doesn't seem to want to start as easy as it used to but it starts in 1-2 seconds. Previously any bump of the starter no matter how short would start the truck.

I set the idle speed and truck is happy. Not sure what its idling at since the tach is flaky but sounds like a nice healthy idle.

Problem is that on deceleration with truck in neutral - it will hunt for idle for 5-10 seconds sometimes. It sort of surges looking for the idle sweet spot and then settles in.

Any ideas?

sandcobra164

air leak or low on fuel. Mine did that to me one time. I had just come back from the GA Rally and decided to drive it to work. I probably only had 10 gallons of fuel and went through some rough terrain. On the way to the gas station, it was acting very different. Everytime I pull up to an intersection that I had to stop at, it'd almost shut off and hunt for idle. It ran fine when accelerating or running down the road. When I fueled up, I left it running. It smoothed out after about 10 gallons got in the tank. I put 39 gallons in and drove home. It has never hunted for idle since and I make sure to keep it above 1/4 tank now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks