• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hurricane IKE M35's in use

gumboo

It should be a "must have" for South Louisiana.

I saw 3 of the Oshkosh trucks with boat type trailers behind them in Grand Isle, La. after Gustav. On my return trip over the bridge I saw 3 military boats cruising in the water. I don't know what they were up to. Patrolling, clearing debris in the waterway, joy riding?

SEAFIRE

I didn't take the pictures, they were copied off some local Newspaper web sites.

Ike was supposed to hit here on the Central Texas gulf Coast where we are, but made a more northern turn at the last minute and made landfall in the Houston/Galveston area instead. Our County did have mandatory evacuations ( not everyone left ) and we had our two M35A2's ready for rescue work, but fortunately we were spared the worst, I feel for the people in the Houston and Galveston area.

A Houston area firefighter I know was without power for 7 days and had been working non-stop since the storm hit until today doing searches in the Bolivar/Galveston area for Hurricane Victims. Many people are still unaccounted for.

TommyG45

So here is the big question, when you take a deuce through this type of water, I assume it is salt water ??? what do you do the the deuce afterwards. Dump all the oil in the axels? repack hubs ?... Any thoughts. I know these components are vented, but if these were your trucks, what you would do to them to ensure long term operational fit?