• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hurricane Laura, power outage running on 803a

coxju04

Going on day 4 power outage. My better half is at home while; I’m in the Middle East. I made her detailed instruction and had her put them in a baggie so they wouldn’t get wet, while i was gone if she needed to started the Gen. This is the 2nd time to use the 803 for a power outage. The 1st was just a few hours. I think 6 or 7 hours. Now this dude has been running for days straight. I did set the unit up on Aux fuel for her, so she wouldn’t have to pick up a heavy Gerry can. She kind of frowned on that, but after a 2 days running she thank me. Every day I get her to text me a picture of all the reading oil, temp, and so on. Today she texted me and told me thank you for buying the Genset, that she was blessed for having it. I do have it set up as a whole house stand by. She did ask me about running it on light loads, because I’ve always told her to run it 80% or more. I said now since it’s an emergency, not to worry about that right now. I said if you can 50% for a few hours each day, then it should be good enough, for now, and when I get back to the states. I will run it at full load so it will not wet stack. Oh she did say that putting the instruction in the baggie was a huge help, because it was her and her sister outside in the pouring rain with 115+ mph wind, starting it. I really wish I could have seen that!!!

Isaac-1

Glad it is working out for you, we are on generator power here in DeRidder also, unfortunately my MEP-002a got clobbered by a falling tree crushing the louver box and cracking the head. Thankfully I have other generators, also it sounds like we are starting to get power back in parts of town in the last hour or two.

Chainbreaker

How much fuel does your aux fuel tank hold? Considering your out of the Country and pending an extended outage...If there is any potential that genset might run low on fuel you should have her locate where to find diesel fuel (station with power) and have her to start stocking up Jerry cans just in case.

coxju04

How much fuel does your aux fuel tank hold? Considering your out of the Country and pending an extended outage...If there is any potential that genset might run low on fuel you should have her locate where to find diesel fuel (station with power) and have her to start stocking up Jerry cans just in case.
I wanted to but a 100 gal fuel tank next to the Generator, but at the time she didn't want to see a tank in the yard. So she is going to go get diesel everyday, plus her Aunt has 2000 gallon tank on her farm. I don't know a total yet on how much fuel she has used. I will find out a total when the power comes back on, As of now she is on day 4, and running good

coxju04

Glad it is working out for you, we are on generator power here in DeRidder also, unfortunately my MEP-002a got clobbered by a falling tree crushing the louver box and cracking the head. Thankfully I have other generators, also it sounds like we are starting to get power back in parts of town in the last hour or two.
I saw the post you made the other day. When I get back home I would love to come help you fix that ole 002. I miss my ole 002 and 003, they are tanks.....

coxju04

I don't know how many of those military generators are out there but they must be durable. Very few asking for help considering. Members are wonderful helping with " generator down" requests.

When I 1st got my 002, I didn't know much about it. The people here are wonderful, and are willing to help in anyway. Guy is a walking and talking book with the Generator. (he must be one, with the Genrator gods) I have read everything I could to find on them. I down loaded the TM and printed it out. I started to read and read and read some more. When I got comfortable enough. I started turning wenches. This site has been a god sent for me. Most of the time you don't have to ask, just look it up. I have always been fascinated with Generators, and how things work.

Guyfang

Staff member
When I 1st got my 002, I didn't know much about it. The people here are wonderful, and are willing to help in anyway. Guy is a walking and talking book with the Generator. (he must be one, with the Generator gods) I have read everything I could to find on them. I down loaded the TM and printed it out. I started to read and read and read some more. When I got comfortable enough. I started turning wenches. This site has been a god sent for me. Most of the time you don't have to ask, just look it up. I have always been fascinated with Generators, and how things work.
And now you know why I love doing this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks