• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hurricane Sally and my MEP-803

fpchief

Been without power since about 2100 yesterday. Been using the MEP about 5 hrs at a time. Besides having to be careful not having the hot water heater on same time as the clothes dryer, I am keeping a decent load on it but not even at 75%

Got this one out of Albany when they were selling them off out of the preposition stock. Had 4 hrs on it when I got it. Maybe this storm will get some hours on it to get it good and broke in.

Supposed to have power back this weekend.

Last edited:

fpchief

Well, power is back as of this evening. I love my neighbors but did see them scrambling with their 5k gas generators and not having full house A/C.

The 803 ran for about 55 hrs, not sure of the fuel consumption yet but not bad.

Both of the ones I know that had generator trouble both had brand new Generac 22k....junk.

fpchief

Well, now with Hurricane Zeta.....back on the MEP. No power since last night and I smile every time I think about my MEP 803 out there keeping watch so we may be comfortable. It is in close proximity to the bedroom window. Makes for good sleep as most of you know..almost as good as in the back of a 46 or 53....

MrShawn305

The background noise helps me sleep, but the thought of the noise attracting unscrupulous individuals keeps me up sometimes. Good thing these are pretty quiet, and as long as at least one neighbor has a gas job running, I don't have to worry about it.

csmitty

The background noise helps me sleep, but the thought of the noise attracting unscrupulous individuals keeps me up sometimes. Good thing these are pretty quiet, and as long as at least one neighbor has a gas job running, I don't have to worry about it.
Ha, you know I thought the same thing during Zeta when we ran ours overnight. If anything just for the kids sound machines so they could sleep. I did just put up a 6' privacy fence but no gates yet so that probably helped. From the street you might not even know what it was unless you were listening for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks