• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hybrid Axles?

Biggles

Has anyone ever thought about putting Mog portals on a 2 1/2 ton rockwell that is still under a deuce where it belongs instead of under a jeep? I'm just thinking that would lift the truck over 6 inches with no suspension mods and drop the gearing even lower (as if it needs that) I think Unimog portals would be strong enough to handle the weight of the deuce.............i don't know.........people say when i get spare time and start thinking bad things happen so that's probably what's going on now.

Biggles

StreetbikeDepot

Kinda just thinking outloud here.......if you added portals, would you have to rotate the pumpkin to reverse its rotation? I'm not sure if the Mog portals are 3 gear or 2 gear, I think HMMWV portals are 2 gear and have a reverse rotation diff.

Last edited:

Biggles

they are two gear so yes. that's why people build hybrid axles with an upside down ford 9" center section and mog portals. it gives you a "high 9" so you get more ground clearance and a better pinion angle.

Biggles

i am in contact with axle tech. they need serial numbers to really help me but they make portals that fit 2 1/2 ton rockwells and all sorts of CRAZY stuff.

Last edited: