• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydra boost is leaking... safe to drive?

84cucv1ton

a friend is using my truck today. He says the Hydro boost is leaking power steering fluid. He's about two hours from Jersey. safe to drive should I get ready to go get him?

thought I should ask. however I'm thinking the best thing I can do is go pick him up.. As always thanks for the help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loosing the brake assist and steering assist at the same time, has caused more than one accident.

I'd go get him and play it safe.

I know its not the safest but my hydroboost has been leaking for months now i always carry extra p.s. fluid with me. and just check it every other day untill i have enough money to replace it.

now does anybody know if the boosters are interchanable? i have a civy chevy k2500 6.5 with the jd6 (7200) gvw and was wondering if the jd7 (8400 or 8600) gvw booster would fit.

the reason for the upgrade is because i have bigger tires and more often then not my tuck is loaded or towing a trailer and my truck doesnt stop to well

ALFA2

Just as an opinion, and depending on the type of a leak, and from where it is leaking, and or other noises the system is making, it is not safe to drive it, especially on the freeway. If you or he can actually see fluid dripping with the engine running, while you watch, it is no safe, plus you will burn out a pump at the very least by trying to run it dry.

But this is just an opinion of one person here.

Hope it helps, and get your truck back safely.

ALFA2

84cucv1ton

ALFA2 is right not safe my friend..its failing.. rebuilt one is about 120 and the mc is 30.. not to bad.. takes a while to get in.. i drove 4 hours to get my friend with my truck rather be safe then sorry..

llong66

I just ordered a new pump for mine from advanced auto, $55, not bad, there is lso a $15 core, no big deal. Now I just gotta change it lol

84cucv1ton

I replaced the Hydro boost in my uncle's truck with a take out from a cucv I stripped for parts.. Not even two months later and it's leaking..

Can you tear one of these down yourself and rebuild it? didnt find any rebuild kits yet thought i would ask thanks

Matt65

Mine continues to leak after >2 years. I know to add fluid when the brake pedal pulses during use while in a turn.

84cucv1ton

not safe friend.... time for a new one.. just got the hydro boost, mc, filter and vacuum valve i think its called from rockaouto.com 229 to my door..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks