• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydramatic for 135/211?

cckw353

Guy called me because he knows I collect the OD stuff.

He has what he is stating is a new GM Hydramatic on a pallet. States the local FD got it some years ago for their brush truck and never used it and handed it off to him. It has an engine number on the bell housing and the trans number is 302M-17688

I know nothing about this other than his call. I would assume regardless of what he said about new that an "engine number" means it is a take-out or rebuilt.

I am not interested as my focus is WWII stuff. Any interest. PM me and I will pass it along to him.

Bill

jason@snakeriver

Before the tranny goes anywhere, make sure exactly what it is. It could be one of two things.
If it has the 2 speed rear end, then it would be for a truck.
If it does not have the 2 speed, then it is out of a M-114 APC. I got suckered into buying an APC hydomatic when I was fixing up my M-135 and the darn thing is still sitting under my shelf, and I am out the money. Tom @ Snake River

cckw353

Lots of replies so I will get some more info from the guy and see if he will allow direct contact as I don't want to get in the middle of this.

It is located in mid-state Maine and will require pickup.

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks