• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydramatic Heaven

BugEyeBear

Yeah...and chicks look hot on their hoods too!!!
HEY, my XM211 didn't come with THAT hood ornament! Was that standard Army issue?!? :p

-Bear-

PS: Maintenance and Common Sense are key in keeping these trannys (& the old Dueces they are installed in) alive.
Thanks guys for all of the GREAT TIPS!!

fallen

I just read your post i have a 1952 gmc that shifts in low but will not shift in high. you can feel the transmission actually slow the motor down in high gear but but it will not move the truck your post read something about a wavey release spring in the reduction gear and it could be replaced with out removing the transmission could you post the instructions or give me some idea of what i need to look for thanks

reamos

I have the problem in my XM211 that runs fine in low but nothing in the high range. It was working until we changed the transmission oil then the high range would not work at all F1, F2 are reverse. Now the question, being new to the 211 you said to check the wavey release spring well I can't find any reference to the wavey release spring in the manuals. Is it the pressure regulator valve spring? If not which spring in the reduction unit is the wavey release spring?

drlogistics

I'm not sure which spring it is but it is not called a wavey release spring in the manuals. I'm pretty sure wavey refers to the shape of the spring. I've seen that spring in the transmission manual. Sounds like it is an easy fix. Try calling Tom at Alfa Heaven. He wrote the original post. Very nice guy. Find his contact info here: www.alfaheaven.com Good luck!!!

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread but lots of good info. I just acquired a XM211. It is a very nice truck. Equipped with the REB shifter and all of that seems fine going down the road. Manual shift up 55 with ease.

Only issue I have found is the front axle did not engage while backing up ( rear tandem was spinning on gravel while pulling the front over a cross tie). It also seemed to have a little issue climbing up the ramps to the trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks