• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Brake fluid

Srjeeper

The TM 9-2330-213-14 (pg 65) for the M105A2C calls for the use of Hydraulic Brake fluid only in the MC.

"Use of petroleum based hydraulic fluid renders brakes inoperative."

Does this mean DOT- 5 , DOT- 3 or something else completely :?:

acetomatoco

and of course you can use Dot 3, as that is what was in there in the original days of the M105. Will probably have the famous yellow sticker for Dot 5 if it is new or converted. Your sticker is to remind you not to use Tractor Hydraulic Fluid or Power Steering Fluid or other stuff like that...

Srjeeper

Don,& ACE thanks for the info. I'll put the 5 in it as it seems to have been well maintained and just brought out of service. I looked for a Dot 5 sticker but it's gone or was just never put on.

Srjeeper

Topped off the 105's MC today with DOT-5 and glad I did. The top of the cap for the MC (which ya can't see) is the same as the deuce cap with the breather tube hole in it, but no breather was there. It's fairly well protected up under there, but not THAT protected. Made up a temp breather tube till I can get a breather from a rear to put in there. One weekend I see a brake system flush and refill coming just for piece of mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks