• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic control assistance

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a bank of hyd controls. One control does not function. The arm moves like the others but does not have the same feel as the others in operation. The other controls that work you can feel the hyd flow as you are operating them. When you operate a working control the arm on the non working valve bounces a little. Before I start taking it all apart maybe someone can chime in. Can the valve piston piece just be stuck and the hand control will still operate? The bad is directly below in the pic. It is weeping some hyd fluid. The TM has all mil part numbers not the normal civ parker numbers. So being able to rebuild this one would be ideal.
Thanks
Will
hyd1.jpg
hyd2.jpg

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
those are grove valves? I cannot tell from your description if it is the solenoid valve or the manual valve you are asking about.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
The handle has a pinion gear and the valve rod has rack teeth. If you move the handle you are moving the spool in and out. Probably not a valve problem, something further down stream.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I don’t know much about hyd troubleshooting. All the other functions work. Just this one control does not. Its the largest cylinder and it does not move at all. I don’t feel any flow when I operate the valve.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It’s the boom up feature. There is supposed to be a boom up lockout valve, according to the tm troubleshooting. I couldn’t find it in the parts manual though. It was my previous understanding that the main bank of controls came online with the outriggers down.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was messing with a 1084 crane and finally figured out that the boom up wouldn't work unless the outriggers were down and it was fully extended out of the stowed position.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the outriggers down and I can pick up the rear of the boom. All the way. The instruction plate says to boom up for initial raising of the crane.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is someone whacked the hand lever and broke the gear or pinion. The solenoid provides pilot pressure to move the spool. The function would likely work electrically.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
M1084. So the electric solenoid control valve operates independently from the hand control? It feels like its moving the mech. I am going to dig up the hyd flow diagram today see if there is some safety in between.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks