• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Head group buy take two?

kennys@wi.rr.com

As some of you know a few months ago I lead a group buy of hydraulic heads(HH) for deuces. It seems that there is more interest now in doing another one. So after being asked by a few people I have decided to put it out there again. Last time the price was $285 for a HH shipped to you and $7 per nozzle, must be ordered in sets of six I found out, shipped to you. I also included a complete set of the three o rings needed to install the HH.

I have reached out to my contact in China again to see about ordering more of them. I was told last time that price was for an order of 25 or more but they were cutting me a deal so I could sample them. I can't promise they will let me have them for that price this time but I am going to try.

What I would like to do this time around is set up some hard dates. That is the one thing I didn't do last time and it pushed our order back by a few weeks. So here is my thought, I want to place the order on Nov 5th. That is the first Monday in NOV. That will give evryone enough time to send payment and all the checks to clear. That will also give enough time for the word to get out that I am doing another one.

The deal will be the same this time as last time. I am not a rich man so you will need to pay in advance. I will put everyone on an email list and give you updates every few days as we get closer to order time. I have a few people locally that want in this time as a way of stocking up on them to sell to those who come late to the party. I personally have no problem with that but keep that in mind if you are on the fence, people will have spares but how many and at what price I have no control over.

If you are interested please email me so I can add you to my list and start getting the factory locked in on a price.
kennys@wi.rr.com

I know one problem that was had with the last order was the spring clip that holds the button on the bottom. Two people had problems with them. One guy openly admited that he was playing with it and shouldn't have been and broke it. He was able to get a replacement from Ambac for a few dollars but it's the fact that he had to do it at all. I want to make sure everyone who gets involed knows what they are getting. Last time I did this I lost a few dollars but I got mine cheaper than it would have cost me otherwise to oreder just one.

markmontana

I got a couple of HH's and injectors on the first go round. All went well and Kenny is a good guy. If you own a deuce, you really should keep one of these in your spares. It's like money under the mattress...

Iski

Ken are you still getting these? I don't think I need one, but it would be nice to have a spare.
Thanks
Iski

WantOne

Has anyone heard from Ken on this HH group buy? I sent him a check almost a year ago and have yet to hear anything.

To date everyone I've dealt with on SS has been above board. I hope this one turns out the same way.

WantOne

Ken responded to my PM and refunded my money since the group buy never happened. I appreciate him trying to put it together and would have preferred it happen, but it didn't. I'm pleased with the outcome.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Last I heard, the manufacturer decided they didn't want to fix a bad HH from the first batch, AND they were not interested in giving discounts for multiple purchases. What a shame.

peashooter

Once I found out that the group buy wasnt happening, TNJ Murray sold me (and a couple other guys) one for $300 (new, asian made HH). He didnt have the cheaper "nozzles" though.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello daveks63, I was supposed to get a hh as part of thgeis group purchase , and paid for it up front, but have not heard from kennysken@wi.rr.com from Ken in all this time. Did you ever get your items? Do you know howe to reach this guy? Peter Mark WHATADEUCE

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello markmontana, and I sent money to Ken as part of this group purchase and never heard from him in all this time! Did you ever get your order? Do you know how to reach ken? Plerase help me. Peter Mark WHATADEUCE

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update:

There has been a good bit of information disclosed to me about Kenny and this group buy. There are a lot of factors outside Kenny's control, but I have been in contact with him via phone. Kenny isn't able to access the site, but wishes to make things right with everyone. Please PM me your details if you have an outstanding matter pending with him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks