• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydraulic oil

reom35a2fluiter

to a lot of information gathered to talk about oil, I encountered something different now.
a comrade working in a transsports company as a mechanic. This can liters of hydraulic oil get.
can a deuce and a half on a 50/50 mix driving. 50% diesel and 50% hydraulic oil??
can the injection pump well lubricated.

212sparky

I ran 8 tank loads of new Hydraulic oil we had at work that was from a truck that we sold. I added about 1 gallon of 2 stroke oil to it and my truck loved it!!

212sparky

I ran 55 wt oil. I also mixed it with transformer oil (NON PCB) at the end. It was about the same as diesel. I only ran it in the summer.

reom35a2fluiter

hydraulic oil can be very thin then.
itself, I think you are just hydraulic oil can be operated without problems.
hydraulic oil is already a good lubricant to lubricate the injection pump. then you just on a 50/50 mix drive I guess ...

reom35a2fluiter

I've run filtered used hydraulic oil from a forklift service company. 50/50 mix to straight Hydraulic oil depending on the weather.
My trucks love it.
I ran 55 wt oil. I also mixed it with transformer oil (NON PCB) at the end. It was about the same as diesel. I only ran it in the summer.
what do you mean with transformer oil???
is that thicker oil for in the hydraulic oil in order to mix?
can you not drive in the winter on hydraulic oil???

reom35a2fluiter

I've run filtered used hydraulic oil from a forklift service company. 50/50 mix to straight Hydraulic oil depending on the weather.
My trucks love it.
there is also iron particles in hydraulic oil in case?
certainly be mixed with diesel.?
why is it dependent on the weather??

59apache

Chipmaker
you can build your own...like the viscosity funnels for paint. a plastic bottle, drill a small hole and take the time for 1ltr. you don't get exact numbers , but you can easy compare to other fluids...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks