• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic repair Trailer TM * pics added*

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't pay anything close to that, by about $82,600! :)

The NSN came off the data plate. Same plate also says US Army, but the Marines do often buy stuff through the Army, so I don't know. The painted out areas are more consistent with obliterated Army markings. I'll peel that back in the near future and see what's underneath.

I guess I'll try LOGSA myself again, last few times I tried, it politely told me to get lost. Others on here said it was closed off due to the security concerns of giving the public access to a military site.

Cheers

Edit - as of today, I find LOGSA is available again to us common folk!

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weird that it's all hand engraved... But Army...
In all the pictures I have found (mostly old GL auctions) for A3 HSTRU's, all were made by Nomura and the data plates were done with an electric pencil. And judging by the handwriting, by the same person.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The painted out areas are more consistent with obliterated Army markings. I'll peel that back in the near future and see what's underneath.
The mood struck me today, so I uncovered the markings on my HSTRU trailer. It was marked- 1CAV 615ASB HSC832T JDTZ0 D0015. So it belonged to the HSC (headquarters supply company), 615th Aviation Support Battalion, of the 1st Cav on Ft Hood.

Cheers

DBs

Some more pics. I picked it up today. It will bend and Flare up to 1 1/4 tube. Assemble no skive fittings. Pressure test hoses and tube up to 5000 PSI. Built in parts washer, transfer pump with bulk filtering . LOts of hand tools, super nice flow meter.There are 15 of the red tool boxes stowed on board.Very cool tool trailer. Could not be happier.
Your 2nd last picture, ending with 317, what is that? I have one identical and don’t know what it is. Can you enlighten me? Thanks.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 2nd last picture, ending with 317, what is that? I have one identical and don’t know what it is. Can you enlighten me? Thanks.
RICE hasn't logged on here since 2010, so he's unlikely to answer. Sorry.
Perhaps someone else knows?

Cheers

Guyfang

Staff member
That's what I was going to write. Back in WOC school, we had a 3 day course on several "Tool Kits", and the HISTRU was one of them we all had to make two hoses. And that tool seems to ring a bell as a larger hose flaring tool.

Guyfang

Staff member
I have also had no luck getting into "LOGSA" , "emmado22" you say you still can, do you have some special password ?
Folks, you can still "Look" into LOGSA. Its just you can no longer download from it. There is still lots of info there for you. So do not write it off too soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks