• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydro-boost bleed ?

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the hydro-booster go out on the 1152. When replacing, TM -2 , 7-14, makes no mention of bleeding the unit. Is there a process someplace I am missing or it tied directly to the power steering bleed procedure? Thanks

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got around to swapping the hydro booster. Got a nos part. The pushrod on the master cylinder side is quite long, compared to the old unit over an inch more extension outward. I went ahead and installed and the brakes are locked up. Booster #’s said to match on rosy, but either it’s wrong part # or bad NOS booster? Anyone else ran into this?

Attachments

Last edited:

Action

I got around to swapping the hydro booster. Got a nos part. The pushrod on the master cylinder side is quite long, compared to the old unit over an inch more extension outward. I went ahead and installed and the brakes are locked up. Booster #’s said to match on rosy, but either it’s wrong part # or bad NOS booster? Anyone else ran into this?
may be useless info, but each different hydrobooster has different color studs. They match up to the master cylinder, i think.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was the wrong one it would not bolt up to the master cylinder, my question is why install one that had an obvious defect?

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
may be useless info, but each different hydrobooster has different color studs. They match up to the master cylinder, i think.
Hmm. I hadn’t heard that. I’ll double check that. I do have a spare parts truck but the booster would be bad for sure, sat out in weather for who knows how long.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was the wrong one it would not bolt up to the master cylinder, my question is why install one that had an obvious defect?
I wouldn’t know it had a defect from looking at it. For all I know the loss of brakes could’ve been that part of the booster. But sounds like Steve and Action pointed the right direction.
Thanks all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks