• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydro boost leaking ?

84cucv1ton

my fathers m1031 pedal when to the floor this morning. pulled it into the garage. looked all over the truck. all i could find was where the rod goes through the firewall, there is drops of fluid coming down. so the hydro boost need to be replaced?

second question, are all the hydro boots the same? i have some from m1009s but none m1008s. same unit??

thanks

Jett1

i thought it would be the booster since it was leaking in the truck
Well one way to check is find out which system is low, power steering fluid or brake fluid. Also you should be able to smell the difference between the two fluids. I think that you will find that it's the master and the fluid is pushing through the booster or running all over the outside of the booster and weeping through the firewall. Let us know what you find...

Matt65

Similar problem here.

My PS fluid is leaking at the Brake Booster. I am hoping that the Lucas Stop Leak (once added) will correct this. My first symptoms were a pulating brake pedal when stopping, and slight PS pump whine. Fluid added, all was well again. I have not been able to located the exact source of the leak.

Jett1

i have never done that
Instead of me typing it out here is a video that I googled.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkbP7DSFFX0[/media]
The above video dose not show how you can put some plugs the threaded ports where the break lines go and use some vacuum lines to loop them back into the reservoir so fluid can come out the reservoir ports in the master as we ports to the lines.

Here is link to a pic that someone did with scrap break lines but you will get the point. http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/master_cylinder/bleed.jpg

Last edited: