• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydro boost problems

marlink1226

Question, i have a 1986 cucv m1008 with the 6.2. I replaced the power steering pump and ever since have had no power steering or brakes. I'm on my 3rd pump and think maybe its not the pump so i replace the steering box that has a slight leak and still nothing. i bleed the system every time unless im doing something wrong there. the pump i got were from bennet and napa and im not sure the pump there giving me has enough pressure. i it a speacial pump or just a regular gm pump. any help would be great

MotorDaddy

Just a guess, but I bet you don't have the relief valve in the power steering pump installed correctly. I remember this happened to me (years ago). When I swapped out the pump, the relief valve (that the pressure line comes out of) had a check valve and I screwed up the replacement order (ball then spring or was it spring then ball?) Anyway, no power steering.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WEBSITE HELP is for WEB site problems, NOT truck problems, this should be in the CUCV fourm, makes search just a little better

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks