• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydrolocked deuce engine

i've got a hydrolocked deuceaua:!: and dont really know where to start with fixing it. the motor will turn a little but makes a loud thump and shakes the whole truck. it's locked on fuel so what do i need to do to free it back up? any help will be really appreciated.:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure how to clear it but my first thought would be to pull the injectors and with them out crank it over. That will give anything in the cylinders a place to go.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you broke-down on the road?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you leave your shut-off cable out ?

daveks63

I would pull the injectors and see if it will spin freely. If not, then I would pull the pan to check the rods and mains. If it spins freely with injectors out, have them pop tested. It sounds like you have an injector pouring fuel into the cylinder.

Ridgerunner

The shut off shouldn't go back in when let go.
Shouldn't, is the key word. Mine won't stay pulled out either. Once the T-handle is let go, it springs right back to the dash.

Start with pulling your injectors. Also, don't keep trying to turn it over, untill you have the fuel in the cylinder cleared. Easy way to bend a rod.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace your shut-off cable with a new one and leave it out when not running.

caliber1

Replace your shut-off cable with a new one and leave it out when not running.
Justr curious, what is the reason for this? Mine tends to spring back too. I was gonna fab up a lock assembly for it, but after reading that you could cut the wire under the hood decided not to.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not always, my 109 had the knurls stripped by a previous owner. Swap it out for a good one.
As Gimp said, the problem is people don't know how they work and just jam them back in and strip the "lock". I'd replace the cable.