• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hyvolt II Transformer Oil and Rubber

yousave1

So everyone thinks I'm crazy but my M35a2 inspired me. I have access to a constant amount of PCB FREE Hyvolt II transformer mineral oil for $1 or so a gallon. I have a 2008 Dodge 6.7 cummins with all emmisions removed. I have run 3K miles on 60/40 transformer oil to diesel with no notable difference, once my heater comes I may try to go 80/20.

The only downside I can see is that the oil destroys rubber, quickly. I'm thinking that due to the higher silicone content in the rubber on the dodge it won't be of major concern; hopefully. What about the duce though, its a 76 and I doubt that the rubber back then is so resiliant.

Any thoughts? I did a search and found someone else was thinking about running transformer oil but I never heard any follow up.

I appreciate any input you guys have.

Thanks
Josh

joshs1ofakindxj

Are you talking about o-rings and seals in the fuel delivery system?

I'm not sure what is involved but you could download the parker o-ring book or similar and convert to Viton or Nylon or whatever material you need for chemical resist. Probably the same materials for silicon DOT 5 break systems would be used.

yousave1

Yes, my concern is about every rubber hose o-ring or whatever this oil may mess with. Are there any other rubber items in the IP that I should be thinking about or anything else? Seems like it would make a perfect fuel other then the rubber issue.

yousave1

My dodge runs so good on it that when I'm switched over to diesel I get annoyed by the noise and vibration. I guess I'll run it in the m35a2 as well. It just seems too good to be true.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks