• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am back too.

rottiedog

Just won a new M880 last night. This one looks a "little" rough.

I should good at doing the ampmeter bypass by now. Going to try and pick it up this week. Maybe Friday.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good save! Those 880s don't get great mileage, but it's hard to kill the 318 in it. I did, but I had to TRY at it.

That Dodge will be great around the farm, or offroad. You'll enjoy it....

FrankUSMC

Rottiedog
I won the light trailer there also. I was going to bid on the M35 that was a cab and chassie, but the price shot up to fast.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

rottiedog

Hey Frank. Sorry but I think I ran up the price on the light trailer. I wanted that too. I bid on the Deuce but it went for more than I wanted to spend. Also bid on the brake kits and I didn't know what they were for.

The M880 cost me $501

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSAauctions.gov There are always 5 of them for sale, but they are all fire dept turn in's and they are not too nice most of the time. None come up on GL anymore, except for the very rare occasion.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last 880 I saw on GL was over 2 years back, out of Ft. Meade. It had a maintenance body on it, and it looked WELL USED. GSA and private sales are the way to go if you want an 880. You are going to have to check on them, though - they are all over 30 years old, and Dodge had a problem with sheet metal quality back then, most of them are rotted out or have been chopped up for scrap metal already....

rottiedog

truck showed up today

Pretty cool truck. The emergency lights work. Tow truck guy said that they all came from the New York departments when they sold off the red lights. Don't know if that's true but I do like the lights. Is it legal to have them??

The truck still has the owners manual and option sheet. I'll take pics of that tomorrow. Looks like it was at fort picket VA for some time during its life. THere are some papers from the military in the glove box from ft picket.

Thought I needed a rear bumper but I found it in the back along with a ton of crap. Looks like siding, expended road flares, 2x12s.....lots of crap.
got it running a "little" but no fuel making it yet. Only runs when dump fuel in the carb *looks like a new one*.

Battery is charging overnight and I'll change the fuel filter tomorrow and hope the new "big red" comes to life. I think this one is going to get tan CARC.

C

cmvpa

congrats mike. remember. next time we will go get it ourselves. see ya on saturday

rottiedog

got her running tonight and actually backed it up so other cars can get in the driveway now. Smoothest running M880 yet!!!

Only half of the light bar is working :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks