• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am in the 715 club

Hoefler

Picked it up in North Dakota. All original-no rust. Was used as a fire truck for years. Everything works with exception of a cracked exhaust manifold. It makes a good stable mate to my Jeep fire truck that came out of Sparta. Same color too. I am in the midst of restoring the Jeep.
Pete

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. That is a clean looking truck.

The exhaust crack is a big issue with many of these trucks.

Hoefler

Got to run it today. Motor smokes when warm. Not much torque-feels weak, has a miss and low on power. Everything works without issue. Transmission shifts perfect and does not pop out of gear. Transfer case shifts smooth. Brakes feel good too. I put the top on and side windows in-not to bad. The body and frame are completely rust free.
Will run it like it is until I decide what to do with the engine issue.
Pete

Attachments

67Beast

Nice find, the smoking maybe a hardened valve seal if the truck has not been run for several years, and may soften back up some once it gets some oil and heat going back through it. As for down on power, I would pull and check the plugs to see if one is fouled due to the oil and do a compression check. Also check the timing, as these trucks are know to still run with the timing way out, but be down on power when it happens. Parts for these motors can be a little bit difficult to find and are more expensive than a "common" motor, but when in good shape and are taken care of make great motors. Heck I'm one of the oddballs who actually swap back to the 230 from a V8 and love it and would never go back. There are a lot of great pictures of mine in the January MV of the Month post, as it was the winner. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?134554-Steel-Soldiers-MV-of-the-month-January-VOTE-HERE!

Good luck and have fun with it.

Hoefler

OK-will keep running it to see what happens. I do suspect the timing is off. It runs like its to far un-advanced. Your M715 in the snow looks great. The color is perfect fit for these trucks. I did notice that under the hood there are signs of Olive Drab, especially on the tops of the inner front fender wells.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks