• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am no longer deuceless...includes pics

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Deuceswild said:
Congradulations Clinto!

Looks like a nice machine! What did you think of those NDT Tires in that rain, looks like it was pooring by the looks of the pic when you were fueling your truck, Very Happy for you!
Jeff.
I was kind of dreading driving it home, as it was raining and everyone talks about how bad the ND tires are in the rain.

But it wasn't that bad. Truck never felt funny and it seemed to stop pretty good, even when the joker in the Suburban pulled out in front of me. I did pay plenty of attention and left plenty of room for stopping just in case.

thanks for the kind comments.

rdixiemiller

Clinto
One thing about deuces, you need to allow more stopping room. I always try to hang back a few deuce lengths from whatever is in front of me. Normally not much of a problem, with the deuces acceleration and top speed......

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow!!!

It's been a year already.......

And what fun it's been. I am even putting it to work out in the yard today.

I drove it a lot more this year than I anticpated, I am guessing about 3500 miles, although 1500 of that was Aberdeen.

Only issues have been a leaking freeze plug on the rear head.......so I pulled both the heads, replaced all the freeze plugs and head gaskets.

E-brake failed, had to get a replacement from Cabel (remind me at the Ga Rally, C).

Can't really think of anything else.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Clint time flys doesn't it? ( even I am over 1,000 posts now) I think this has been my favorite place to hang out and getting to meet all of you great guys from all over America was a real treat for me at Aberdeen. I noticed in our photo album there is an Aberdeen 2006 folder but no Aberdeen 2007 folder what do you say we put one together and make it open to anyone who has pictures from that great event.

jeli

Nice truck. When you get a chance take a couple pics of the bed hinge with the bed up. I can't quite tell how it was made completely. Thanx.