• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am probably going to kick myself.

m35_military_parts

Says the guy who's very name implies that he's trying to make money selling parts (which no one will fault you for).

Seems like you might want to not come on here casting stones at a well respected member of the community. I, for one, found that the only post in this thread to not have any value was yours.

My name has no relevance in this situation. I’m pointing out a little time, and he can get his 4K. There common problems, easily repairable. When most people sell trucks for 4K they fix the problems. When people see a list of issues it turns them off, because they assume it’s a problem truck. They think what else is going to go wrong. When people buy on e-bay ($4000) they want an issue free truck, or they will gamble and by off GL. I don’t believe this website is for sellers to complain about what their truck is selling for on e-bay.
:p

greenjeepster

How do you tell from the contract number? It reads DAAE07730232. Where does GL get their year information from?
All the data plates are post August of 88
Motor is 1993
axles are 1988
transfer case September of 1988
transmission 1989.
Generator 1996

Did GL possibly substitute a overhaul date for year of manufacture? It really doesn't matter to much accept when it comes to registration, it is just like dating an A3 1992 or 1993 when really they are much older overhauled trucks with a newer power train.

greenjeepster

Unless you are buying a truck from Clark that is completely overhauled their is no such thing as a 20-40 year old issue free truck.

Just because a guy fixed the obvious stuff and didn't know about or disclose the not obvious stuff doesn't mean the truck is issue free..... A member drove down and looked at my truck today and said he had been looking at trucks for a while now and hasn't seen one without some sort of issue. The last one he looked at he said looked awesome until he took it for a test drive and notice oil seeping (he said pouring but I have a hard time imagining that) out of the head gasket... This was a truck that a member on here advertised as having no leaks.

I know my truck has minor issues...that is one of the reasons it is listed without a reserve and I put my phone number on the listing so if anybody has a questions on something I didn't mention on the ad they can call...

I feel like I have been more than honest and fair on my listing. I want to sell this truck and I am looking for something a little different. If somebody wants to take the time and run the gamble with GL they can pass on my truck. If they want a truck that they know they can show up and drive home, spend a weekend bonding with, then they will have a known running truck at a price they were comfortable paying.

m35_military_parts

Unless you are buying a truck from Clark that is completely overhauled their is no such thing as a 20-40 year old issue free truck.

Just because a guy fixed the obvious stuff and didn't know about or disclose the not obvious stuff doesn't mean the truck is issue free..... A member drove down and looked at my truck today and said he had been looking at trucks for a while now and hasn't seen one without some sort of issue. The last one he looked at he said looked awesome until he took it for a test drive and notice oil seeping (he said pouring but I have a hard time imagining that) out of the head gasket... This was a truck that a member on here advertised as having no leaks.

I know my truck has minor issues...that is one of the reasons it is listed without a reserve and I put my phone number on the listing so if anybody has a questions on something I didn't mention on the ad they can call...

I feel like I have been more than honest and fair on my listing. I want to sell this truck and I am looking for something a little different. If somebody wants to take the time and run the gamble with GL they can pass on my truck. If they want a truck that they know they can show up and drive home, spend a weekend bonding with, then they will have a known running truck at a price they were comfortable paying.

When most people claim to have $4000 into a truck they fix the minor issues so they don’t have to take a loss. We all know you bought the truck last Aug.-Sept. when they were only going for $900-$1800 in Ky. ( I’m not saying you have not spent money else where on the truck) I remember your old post bragging about what trucks you won. If you have $4000 into the truck how come you did not fix the minor issues? The truck is not a 1989, maybe a limited depot rebuild in 1989. So, yes you are trying to flip the truck for some profit. There is nothing wrong with that. Just don’t make it such a dramatic situation, and post on here I’m going to kick my self….If it’s such a great truck than keep it. Bust of luck…..I also thought we were not suppose to talk about active auctions. :razz:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greenjeepster walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, his deuce is ready to go
Are you ready? Hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the computer the bids rip to the sound of the beat, Yeah
Another thread bites the dust
And another one gone
And another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get another deuce soon

bassetdeuce

Greenjeepster walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, his deuce is ready to go
Are you ready? Hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the computer the bids rip to the sound of the beat, Yeah
And another one gone
And another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get another deuce soon
rofl

greenjeepster

I requested it once, but I don't remember ever getting a reply on the year. He may have got busy, didn't have the information... I don't know. The title came and that question was answered in my mind.
Carnac did help we with some of the trucks history as far as what unit it belonged to so I was grateful for that. His information is invaluable to those of us who only dream of knowing his sources.

I would love to turn a profit on this thing, but there is no guarantee that I will. The more I get for it the closer I am to getting a bobbed truck or buying a crappy one and bobbing it. Selling on ebay with no reserve is like buying from GL. Both are a gamble, but also addicting:cool:

flyxpl

I bid on one a few weeks ago . In the last hour or two it went from 1200 to $2200 . I believe it was about 80% the truck you have . Your add states " I reserve the right to end auction and sell locally " . So no reason to kick yourself , just end the auction if you are not satisfied .

JCKnife

I didn't fill out an sf97, Kentucky doesn't use the sf97, I paid GL their money they sent me a title.
I'm confused by this, and it's a moot point now, but I thought the SF97 was required to get a title from GL.

Looks like your deuce ended up at a decent price? Not $4k but higher than GL for sure. Hopefully you're pleased.

greenjeepster

I am happy with the price... 5 K more would have been nice though :grin: I will miss this truck. It is going to a new home in TN.

JC: The SF97 is a form that the was used to get a title from a state on a military vehicle. Some states (like Kentucky) doesn't accept them so GL has started issuing titles. You got a Florida title for your truck, not an SF97.

I doubt I could replace this truck right now on GL for the price it sold for. The drop side bed is hard to come by on GL and it, just like a winch, ups the value of the truck quite a bit. I haven't been watching all the prices on GL right now, but the last batch out of knox brought between 1400 (missing parts including front axle) and 3600 for a hard top with winch.

Last edited:

Kohburn

congrats on getting a decent price.

I missed out on a drop side a month ago because I wasn't sure about it. hadn't previewed it and it had a rope tied to the throttle pedal to pull it back up when it stuck. it still went for under 1600. but I don't think most people saw it when searching because it was listed correctly as an M35A2C and I have a feeling most of the casual lookers don't search for that.

Last edited: