• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am thinking before I buy.

MadSkycc

I been reading and planing to buy a M35a2 next year. I want to do the 4 door conversion with a sigle rear axle and a M105 trailer as a bed. But my question is can you use the truck as a livestock carrier? I am buy a small farm next year and I been trying to find out but could not find any info on.

Last edited:

cornrichard

Just buy the deuce and drive it for a few months. I had bob plans in mind when I first got my truck. The only reason I would consider it now is if I had an extra deuce to leave stock.

HanksDeuce

I'd buy a 5 ton M818 tractor, do a 4-door conversion, and use a cattle trailer hooked to the 5th wheel. They can typically haul a 37,500 lb trailer.

:jumpin:

MadSkycc

Well Thank you for the comments. I think I will go with a civy trailer and the reason behind the 4 door is I got 3 kids. I don't plan to bob it. I dont plan to haul a lot of livestock just a few cows or horses or pigs. thats about it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats what I was picturing, I just don't see it being easy to get a cow or horse up into the bed. Believe me, I tried to get a horse into bed once! :cool:

MadSkycc

Here what I was thinking of doing is build a 8ft tailgate fold it in half but i dont know the height of the bed with 396's tires. I am thinking i beter off use a civy trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks