• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bought another Oshkosh WT2206 meet BLOWZIILA

Xtreme fab

Last year I bought a OSHKOSH WT2206 retired Air force runway plow truck. Someone on this site had posted a picture of it on here about 24 hours after I got it home to my shop. I found out about this site when I did a search for more info on it and was shocked to see a picture of my truck on here. Well we named her SNOWZILLA "The largest snow plow in MD" Well after the massive blizzard in MD in 2016. Snowzilla kicked ass and took names going threw 31" of snow. Including some 7' drifts.
Well I told myself I need a WT2206 with a snow blower. Well after searching for months. I finally found one being sold by a school on craigslist of all places. So I present to you BLOWZILLA. She is a 1960 WT2206 with a sicard BX series blower originally gas powered both upper and lower. She was rebuilt in 1985 by oshkosh and repowered with diesel engines. The blower was rebuilt by idaho northern, they converted the twin augers to a single high speed ribbon auger. She has a 1693 cat to move her around and a D348 V 12 upper just for the blower. That D348 is 800 hp from what I was told. It has a whooping 798 hours on the blower and 3300 miles on the truck. She is basically like brand new. I did find a sticker on its purchase cost $591000 on the side of it.

All I got to do now is play the waiting game. She has several contracts already with the State and county for big snow work. In the mean time its a heck of a conversation piece for my snow plow dealership. Snow plow customers love looking at it. They all want to get their picture taken with it.

Attachments

Xtreme fab

Did you say it has a "Buzzin Dozin" to power the blower? Overkill is underrated.
My favorite line is "Overkill is offend an unrated achievement"

Yes its a Cat D348 V 12 than runs just the blower. Its has its own transfer case and 6" Driveshaft that runs from the back of the truck to the front to run the blower head. Motor spins at 2500 rpms, but the gear box slows that down to 500 rpms on the fan.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is awesome! Made me think of the wood chipper scene in the movie Fargo... IMG_3377.JPGMaybe, If you don't get enough snow, you could rent it out for a horror movie?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I know where 2 are in montana that used to be on the great northern railroad. They are on the Blackfoot Indian reservation. They are a good bit bigger though. Need to hook one to a HET.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

WYomer

I know where 2 are in montana that used to be on the great northern railroad. They are on the Blackfoot Indian reservation. They are a good bit bigger though. Need to hook one to a HET.

just the blowers?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are the heads and everything removed from trains r whatever they were hooked fo. About 9ft tall overall

corvette9

My brother and I had two of those back in the late 80's. We bought them from Sikorski airport in Stratford ct. We towed them home with our M543. Man they where heavy, but our Mack powered 543 pulled them just fine.
They where still gas powered and the eng. on back that powered the blower was giant. We sold them to a MV dealer in Maine. Can't recall his name but he would rebuild them and resell. We had one of them running and the blower was unreal when you engaged it.

Eaglecapper

Does anyone on this thread know when the last year the wt2206 was manufactured? I know that they were remanufactured into the late 1980s. Just trying to figure out the last year they were produced. Thanks in advance I own an old w-712 looking at adding an older era wt2206 and the one I’m looking at has the latest serial number out of anyone I’ve seen so far.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks