• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i came home today, only to see ....

bryan70546

6.0 was replaced with the 6.4 in 08 then they replace the 6.4 with the new 6.7 will the maddness ever end .Yea fords dont like the tuners to much , unless you spend a ton of money on the motor lol. The SCT is the best for the ford , Smarty for the dodge and EFI live for the gm's and chevy i think the gms and chevies have another good tuner they use . poor ford allmost went bankrupt on the 6.0 they had alot of buy backs and lawsuits , they just dont build em like they use too huh.

saddamsnightmare

April 6th, 2010.

01 Dakota440:

I've had some really superior Fords (1927 T, 1951 F6 Dump, 1989 F250 4x4 military experimental prototype with 1-1/2 ton axles from the factory that matched nothing in Ford's supply system), but that year grille on an M35 looses some of the aesthetics that the M35 was known for.:deadhorse: Heck, Ford would have improved their F series line 10000000% if they had either used a 1934 V-8 Ford PU as their guide, a 1940 V-8 PU as their guide, or even your M35A2 as a styling guide......... MOST modern pickups do not look like they are packing a pair, to use R.Lee Ermey's famous saying........:twisted:fat lady sings Cranetrucks Ford XM756 packs a coupla dozen pairs in it's tool box......

15,000,000 Model T's built 1909-1927 and 1,000,000 are known to be still running worldwide today! Besides, I LOVE the styling job on the cab and that cute little Mercedes Star that every Unimog S404.114 got at the factory... and most are still going in the wilder parts of the world out of 68,000+ built 1955-1981! The Unimog will just about eat every other 4x4 PU's lunch in every operational category except road speed........

Just my opinion, Smile!!!! They'll wonder what you've been up to.......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan8)

Last edited:

dittle

6.0 was replaced with the 6.4 in 08 then they replace the 6.4 with the new 6.7 will the maddness ever end .Yea fords dont like the tuners to much , unless you spend a ton of money on the motor lol. The SCT is the best for the ford , Smarty for the dodge and EFI live for the gm's and chevy i think the gms and chevies have another good tuner they use . poor ford allmost went bankrupt on the 6.0 they had alot of buy backs and lawsuits , they just dont build em like they use too huh.

They dumped the 6.4L and went to the 6.7lL due to fighting with International. The 6.7 is now a "FORD" engine meaning its not being made by International.

bryan70546

They dumped the 6.4L and went to the 6.7lL due to fighting with International. The 6.7 is now a "FORD" engine meaning its not being made by International.
yea the scorpion , guess we will have to see how this one does , look inpressive in the magazine I hope it does well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Did anyone mention that FORD didn't ask for.... or take any "bailout" money?:shock:

Oh wait...maybe I just did:beer:

Did the 6.0 have some probs? Yep...some did...some didn't....is the 7.3 a better engine...yes.
Does every other engine in the world have it's probs?...I say yes.

Banshee365

My $.02. I have a 2005 6.0 F-250 and wouldn't trade it for anything. I like the LDT engine with zero electric's and zero emissions devices. Makes for a bulletproof reliable engine. If someone offered to put a cummins in my truck for free to replace my 6.0 I wouldn't do it. To me, nothing sounds like a 6 liter powerstroke (As far as full size trucks are concerned). Especially the turbo with and aftermarket intake. If the motor is maintained well problems are few and far between. With the EGR system deleted for around $250 in parts you really get rid of alot of weak points in the motor. The 6.0 was also installed in many 2008+ e-series vehicles that you see running airport parking shuttles and such. You couldn't give me a 6.4, however. I am a huge Ford fan, it's what I grew up with. When I'm cut in one arm I bleed blue, on the other I bleed yellow and green. But I think Ford really botched the 2008-2010 super duties. I hate the front of that truck and I also don't like the new quiet diesels. The me the 6.0 is the last of the real diesels in a Ford truck. It sounds like a diesel. Search some straight pipe videos of 6.0's on youtube and you'll see what I mean.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FORD. #1selling truck for over 30 years in a row. cant argue that
That is very easy to argue with. Ford trucks have never outsold GM trucks. They sell more fords than chevy, or more fords than GMC, but not more than chevy and GMC. I like the pre-1980 fords, and 1988 and up chevys.

Josh

I've seen many 6.0L fords stranded at the dunes when the headgasket pops when they try and drag a trailer threw some soft sand. **** I've made close to 500 bucks pulling fords out. Wish they kept the 6.0L.

That said I've pulled out alot of stuck Dodges, Chevys, and Fords, But only seen Newer 6.0Ls fail that miserably.

Also seen alot of 99-02 fords with the 7.3L and the manual, grenade themselfs,

But I wouldnt mind owning a ford with a 7.3L but thats about it. In fact my brother works at a OHV shop(motocycles, quads, sno-mobiles) and durring the winter his boss lets us borrow a 02 F350 with the 7.3L, and we will cruise up to MT.Hood at about 70 with a 15,000lb trailer in tow with 6 sleds. Just set cruise control and we are off. Most of the road is 4-6% and it will pull it no problem.

Never had anything with a D-Max, but have driven many 12v cummins and some 24v ones, and if money permited I would own one in a heart beat.

WeBeJeepin

/ /
/ /
/ /
------------------------- ------------------
l l
l ___________________ l

That took a while

stump

The # 1 selling truck for 30 years. Look for diesel trucks for sale on the net everyone is trying to sell their FORDS. I can find 10 fords to every chevy on the net and only the old chevys are being listed. People keep the good new running trucks. Lots of ford owners know Chevy owners they have them on speed dial to get a tow home when the ford does what it does. I like Chevy . The US government even went with chevy but that must have ben a acident. Chevy makes a great diesel engine but their transmissions 4l60e are for s-it. Want it to run put a bow tie on it paint it green and keep trucking.:smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks