• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i came home today, only to see ....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmmm....seems there are some FORD haters among us. I am only a fat ole man that has owned many different cars and trucks.

BUT ALL THE GOOD ONES SAID FORD ON THEM...BHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh...and I like Army cars to

Attachments

Farmun

Yep, I would surely say that Deuce is fixed alright.

Having spent most of this past Saturday truck shopping - driving Ford, Cheby, and Dodge 1-ton diesel 4x4 duallies, we came home with the one we liked the best......drum roll please.......

2009 Dodge 4500 mega cab 4x4! A real truck!!!

o1dakota440

yeah, i'm a mopar guy myself. my brother only put that on there cause he didn't like the old power wagon emblem i have for the front edge of the hood, or the big brush guard i have to put on it. i will post more pics when they are installed.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That original pic in this thread reminds me of those "What's wrong with this picture" challenges in kids' activity books.....

"Ok, Kids! Who can tell me what's WRONG with this picture."

Little Fubar says, "There's CHROME on that deuce!"

Litlle Miss Take says: "My daddy doesn't llike FORDS!"

...and so the story goes :driver:

rlwm211

All I can ask is this:

What hospital room is your brother in???????

I have nothing against FORD MOPAR CHEVY or anything else...
Well, I do not care for FIAT but it is personal and I do not want to get into it...anyways,

If I came home to that I know there would be an outbreak of broken things, mostly my brother's...

RL

dittle

6.0 International has got to be better than the 3116 Cat though.......wait for it, oh yeah here it is :deadhorse: rofl

Nonotagain

6.0 International has got to be better than the 3116 Cat though.......wait for it, oh yeah here it is :deadhorse: rofl
Don't play the blame game on International for the 6.0-liter debacle.

Ford went to Navistar with some unique requirements.

Must be lighter in weight than the 7.3/444.
Must make more Hp than the 7.3/444.
Must be cleaner emissions than the 7.3/444.

Navistar dropped 300 lbs off the 7.3 weights to build the 6.0.
The 6.0 made 325 hp as delivered.
The 6.0 was cleaner than the 7.3 to meet tier 3 particulate emissions.

Ford liked the weight drop.
GM started installing the 6.6 Isuzu which made more hp than the 6.0 and demanded that Navistar to make more hp. Navistar warned Ford that the motor wasn't good for additional hp without major design changes.

Ford modified the computer program to turn up the power, not Navistar.

Old boss has 2004 F-250 Lariat used twice a year to tow 28' travel trailer. 19k before head gaskets blew. Cab has to be removed from frame to remove engine. Not one of Ford's better ideas.

3116 in an M35A3 should be close to bullet proof since the engine is only turning out 170 hp. Same 3116 is used in the FMTV and makes 290 hp.

The knock on the 3116 is that it dosen't use wet liners and is a disposable engine block.

bryan70546

Don't play the blame game on International for the 6.0-liter debacle.

Ford went to Navistar with some unique requirements.

Must be lighter in weight than the 7.3/444.
Must make more Hp than the 7.3/444.
Must be cleaner emissions than the 7.3/444.

Navistar dropped 300 lbs off the 7.3 weights to build the 6.0.
The 6.0 made 325 hp as delivered.
The 6.0 was cleaner than the 7.3 to meet tier 3 particulate emissions.

Ford liked the weight drop.
GM started installing the 6.6 Isuzu which made more hp than the 6.0 and demanded that Navistar to make more hp. Navistar warned Ford that the motor wasn't good for additional hp without major design changes.

Ford modified the computer program to turn up the power, not Navistar.

Old boss has 2004 F-250 Lariat used twice a year to tow 28' travel trailer. 19k before head gaskets blew. Cab has to be removed from frame to remove engine. Not one of Ford's better ideas.

3116 in an M35A3 should be close to bullet proof since the engine is only turning out 170 hp. Same 3116 is used in the FMTV and makes 290 hp.

The knock on the 3116 is that it dosen't use wet liners and is a disposable engine block.
Cab is lifted to ease the job of installing new headgaskets , which can be done with the cab on. the number one case of blow headgaskets is the EGR system on the 6.0 which can be fixed with a set of ARP headbolts , the crappy torque to yeild headstuds on the ford suck .but another problem is people adding crappy tuners trying to get mega horsepower , increaseing boost pressure , increasing fuel prssure which in turns heats up the egr system blowing the egr cooler and lifting the heads , then you get alot of nice coolent and nice trail of white smoke and a huge bill from ford for a new motor .and if you have a warrenty kiss that good bye , when the tech see the nice star pattern of the injector spray on the top of you piston head they know you have a tuner on it . simple thing to do is delete the egr system and a nice exaust system to lower your EGT and leave it alone . I have a 6.0 myself its been a great truck 113000 miles and no problems so far . Ford , chevy dodge all have there problems .the newer trucks have far more problems with all the epa crap on them. cant beat the cummins as far as being reliable , chevey well its has a allisan and the duramax is a great motor .they all are good truck .as long as its a diesel i like em all.

Nonotagain

Cab is lifted to ease the job of installing new headgaskets , which can be done with the cab on. the number one case of blow headgaskets is the EGR system on the 6.0 which can be fixed with a set of ARP headbolts , the crappy torque to yeild headstuds on the ford suck .but another problem is people adding crappy tuners trying to get mega horsepower , increaseing boost pressure , increasing fuel prssure which in turns heats up the egr system blowing the egr cooler and lifting the heads , then you get alot of nice coolent and nice trail of white smoke and a huge bill from ford for a new motor .and if you have a warrenty kiss that good bye , when the tech see the nice star pattern of the injector spray on the top of you piston head they know you have a tuner on it . simple thing to do is delete the egr system and a nice exaust system to lower your EGT and leave it alone ..
Well aware of the turner issue with all electronic diesel engines.

The 6.0 was such a great engine that it was replaced in 2006 -07with the 6.4. Not a very long production run for a diesel engine.

The 6.4 has an additional head bolt on each cylinder.

Torque to yield is/was a stupid idea. Lots of GM and Ford engines still use TTY.

A buddy has a 2008 four door long bed Chevy with 6.6 and tuner. With 35" tires, spins wheels when shifting from 2-3 full throttle. !2k and he needs new tires.

2003 Fords with 7.3's bring almost 3K more than like mileage 6.0 truck.

You are correct on EGR issues. My buddies went up on first trip pulling trailer leaving him 200 miles from home. Lucky for him that Good Sam club picked up tow bill on trailer since his vehicle policy didn't.

ODdave

"cant beat a cummins" unless it has a #53 on the block ! rofl

im not here to argue, they all had good runs, i hate fords but i would buy a 7.3, i hate dodge, but i got a 2500 w/cummins. i love chevys but cant afford a D-max. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks