• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can’t see chit!!

SuperchargedRS

Well I have one for yaw' guys!

My front passenger side parking light (the light below my headlight) is out, the bulb is fine,

When I took the bulb out the passengers’ side marker light (the small light on the front quarter panel of the truck) goes on, I put a good bulb in the front parking light and the side marker goes out!

I am reading 12v on one of the contacts on the bottom of the parking light socket and 6ish V on the other, I have one wire that looks as if it might have come out; but when I push it back up the side (this is the 3rd wire in the socket (black I believe), so there are two wires next to each other, then one outboard a bit- this is that wire) no change!

Any ideas, I know it is something stupid I am missing

Thanks,
-SuperchargedRS

SuperchargedRS

....so should I be getting both 12 & 6V when I just have the lights on (turn signal in neutral; non flashing position)?

Also since the light is really up in the truck, where is the ground for that parking light?

SuperchargedRS

Any idea why I am getting 6v at one of the contacts in the bottom of the lightbulb socket and 12v on the other contact? w.o the signal activated (I just have the parking lights on)????

dilvoy

Those turn signal light sockets are prone to having a problem with the ground connection to the bulb. A sign of this is if when you turn on the head lights, the green arrow for the turn signal indicator on the dash will stay lit. Any auto parts store will have a replacement for this bulb socket. The color of the wires may not match, but their positioning on the light socket makes it easy to splice into the correct wires on the harness.

Michael

Looking at the wiring diagram in the back of the -20 manual, the side marker lights do not have a direct ground. They seem to ground through the turn light circuit. That is why you read a lower voltage on one of the terminals, it is the voltage drop caused by the side marker light bulb. Do you get 12 volts alternating with 6 v with the flashers on? Do the emergency flashers work?

I would follow the black wire to were it bolts to the frame and clean it first.

Michael

I was composing my post at the same time as dilvoy was and didn't see his. It could be a bad ground in the socket to. You might be able to test both with a multimeter by checking the resistance to ground in the socket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks