• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can't figure how to post to classifieds

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easiest way to figure it out is to read the rules. Not trying to be a *ick but this has been hashed out so many times in the last couple of months that most people are getting tired of reading about it. The Forum Rules will tell you what you need in order to be able to post.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And please try to post in the correct foums, as well. This topic should be in the "Website help" , not CUCV forum. And a quick search may have answered your question as well, since we've had about 50 threads on this topic in the last month.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I agree, wrong fourm to post this., as far as posting in the classifides,

I think the problem is that the OP is not a NEW MEMBER, he joined in April 2007, he READ the rules when he joined, reread them when everyone had to read/accept the rules when we had the big change a while back, so with that said, the OP would NOT KNOW of the 100 change if he is not a everyday member like a lot of our members are, so this came as a surprise and I'd guess the OP thought that HE was doing something wrong. If I was in his place, I would ask for help also (heck I'm a everyday member and still need help now and then, it took GIMP to call me to tell me that there was a "report this thread" icon).

Last edited:

RealCavDog

I agree, wrong fourm to post this., as far as posting in the classifides,

I think the problem is that the OP is not a NEW MEMBER, he joined in April 2007, he READ the rules when he joined, reread them when everyone had to read/accept the rules when we had the big change a while back, so with that said, the OP would NOT KNOW of the 100 change if he is not a everyday member like a lot of our members are, so this came as a surprise and I'd guess the OP thought that HE was doing something wrong. If I was in his place, I would ask for help also (heck I'm a everyday member and still need help now and then, it took GIMP to call me to tell me that there was a "report this thread" icon).
This is sure to start up the "Time Served" discussion as well ! As new as I am, I got stymied by the change also, can only imagine the issues for the long-term occasional members !

Maybe a short pop-up to click past with a "please read" before being able to continue, paired with a "do not show this again" for all the people that have read ?

A pain for the site owner/managers, but maybe less work long term ? And once set up, could be re-used as needed ?

Would sure take a much smarter person than me to set up !

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is sure to start up the "Time Served" discussion as well ! As new as I am, I got stymied by the change also, can only imagine the issues for the long-term occasional members !

Maybe a short pop-up to click past with a "please read" before being able to continue, paired with a "do not show this again" for all the people that have read ?

A pain for the site owner/managers, but maybe less work long term ? And once set up, could be re-used as needed ?

Would sure take a much smarter person than me to set up !
Thie idea is GREAT, it would BRING TO A END of the "WHY CAN"T I POST A ADD" post. In the end this would save a lot of time and agrivation

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since 2 moderators have replied with answers and the question has been answered , wouldn't it be a good time to close the thread before it turns into 10 pages of arguments like the last 20 why can't i post in the classified ads threads . :deadhorse:

Last edited: