• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I dentifying a 2 ton from a 5ton.

landfillman

I was given a lead on an MV they said it was a 2 ton but the Fenders are really long and alot of room from the rear of the tire to the fender. The truck is now a tanker for a VFD. It had a halfa$$ed giant dirt dobber welder bumper welded onto it. anda Cage and a tank on the back. THey want the tank and flat bed and the bumper. They are wanting to build a new brush truck from a 6X6 IHC Soil Conservation dump. I was contacted to cut the l bed off and put it on a the new truck.

THis looks bigger than the Deuces that I have seen. Theres a big but in this to. They want to rid themselves of liability and want the truck cut in half and sold to a scrapper. My place looks like a scrap yard. I offered to change beds, and hook up the pumps on the new truck and paint it for the truck and original bed and they said nope. I did talk them into changing the trucks out and disasemble the truck for scrap. They said yes it had to be photoed in the dumpster. I thought about doing it like I did a du,p truck I wanted once I had to be scrapped. I bought it and just unbolted the bogeys and cab and put them in a can and then snapped a few pics with scrap around it. THey didnt say what point it had to be taken apart.

THe truck runs good they pulled it around back while I was there and spraed some water for the weekly maintenance. There may be another VFD wanting it Ill have to take second chance at it. They want rid of it becaus its got a 2500 Gallon un baffled tank in back and it had almost rolled with them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 or 10 lugnuts, that will tell you the difference.

landfillman

If you met these folks and saw the rig youd completely understand it. THe bumper looked like warmed over crap. The tank is about 1.5 feet off the deck of the tank without baffles lol. I think I heard banjos while I was there. Its good looking truck minus the red brushed on paint job. No leakes on the truck. I wanna save this truck Im so sick of all the farm equipment and trucks and construction machinery that have gone to china.

These guys have a poor safety record in their personal vehicles. About 10 wrecks going to accidents or fires.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't suppose logic has anything to do with it but if you remove the tank that is without baffles from the truck the instability problem is solved.

No matter what truck you mount it on, that tank will be a problem.

Rick

landfillman

If I getthe job Ill mount the tank lower and add a baffles. The IH is a hheavy spec truck 44k bogey under it. THe old tank looks like a water tower on the MV lol.