• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I don't know what its called...

IHASFIP

Ok there is a deal on the side of the block directly behind the turbo. I searched but as I don't know what its called its kinda hard to narrow it down. I also looked through the TMs and I either missed it or its not in there. I was just curious as to what this contraption is. One other quickie (I could search but if you are already in here I just need a simple yes or no. ) Is the oil pressure sending unit directly on the back pass. side of the engine? I have a pressure gauge that just shakes and goes all hay wire most of the time. And I think I am going to just replace it with a manual gauge. Thanks alot.

D

IHASFIP

No it is not the solenoid. It is on the side of the block. I saw no electrical connections on it . Let me go take another peak at it. Maybe snap a picture.

D

KaiserPower

I remember someone having trouble a while back, with really high oil pressure in there engine, and they were told to take this unit apart and clean it out to solve there problem. Don't remember what it was called though.

IHASFIP

Ok so I searched and Bjorn described it to be under the turbo on the block and it regualtes the upper level of oil pressure. I think I answered my own question by just being pushed in the right direction. Thanks.

D

KaiserPower

It might be that, don't know for sure without looking in the PM's for it... I'm sure someone here will name it sone. The guy that had the problem was running somewhere around 85 for oil pressure and cleaned the buildup out to solve his problem... sorry I'm not much more help then that.

IHASFIP

No you actually helped alot. I don't have any problems with the regulator. I just like to be familiarized with the truck. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

D

ENCS_DEI

Your picture is of the oil pressure regulator. The unit consists of actually two regulators, engine oil and piston cooling. You are correct the oil pressure sending unit is on the passenger side rear of block (single wire as previously stated). You may be able to correct the haywire behavior by making sure it is grounded good to the block (no teflon tape) and the engine is properly grounded (wire strap on rear driver side of engine from lifter cover to firewall).

V/r Russ

dabtl

Ok so I searched and Bjorn described it to be under the turbo on the block and it regualtes the upper level of oil pressure. I think I answered my own question by just being pushed in the right direction. Thanks.

D
Bjorn will push you always in the right direction. Trust me, I know.:-D

IHASFIP

Flux Capacitor?
Yea that is what I though first but I quickly ruled that out due to the absence a "y" shaped deal of christmas lights. :)

Bjorn will push you always in the right direction. Trust me, I know.:-D
Oh yea, that guy is like a genius. I soak up pretty much everything he says along with ummm, getread ( I know thats not his name but I am drunk ;) )

Your picture is of the oil pressure regulator. The unit consists of actually two regulators, engine oil and piston cooling. You are correct the oil pressure sending unit is on the passenger side rear of block (single wire as previously stated). You may be able to correct the haywire behavior by making sure it is grounded good to the block (no teflon tape) and the engine is properly grounded (wire strap on rear driver side of engine from lifter cover to firewall).

V/r Russ
I checked the engine ground strap. I don't think that is the cause. I guess I can check the actual sensor ground. I wiggled the wire and no avail. I think it is either the sending unit or the gauge. I will probably just replace it with a mechanical gauge as I don't care about originallity as I bought this as a toy not to restore to original. I know blasphemy. :roll: I feel more comfortable with a mechanical anyways, I just figured if I could save a few bucks for tires, or a pyrometer, or any other mod.( I am stupid for not taking my isspro pyro, boost, and tranny temp gauges out of my first powerstroke or the autometer boost and pyro from my second one. Should have learned after I sold the first truck.) Anyways, thanks for the help all.

D