• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally got "Bruce" home. This newbie is pretty excited

Jeeper10

As the title states i finally got my deuce home. Here are some pictures I hope but seem to be having trouble posting any on and off LOL. And to everyone that gave me some advice and input on the pros and cons of getting one and what to look for I am very grateful. I truly hope this will be an enjoyable journey and hopefully I'll get this into some parades this summer.

Attachments

icecreamman

Congrats on your recovery. According to the tracks, she got home under her own power. I'm sorry, I refer to any moving vehicle as a "she".

Just a couple of questions. How far was the recovery? Did you air down the tires for the snow? How did the NDT's (use your own acronym) do on the snow?

You now have what was here Friday but you got pretty fluffy snow. We got freezing rain with black ice. My daughter is dying for us to take Matilda out in some nice fluffy snow.

There is a wealth of info on this site. I kind of wish Patracy or Clinto would start a sticky adding up the combined years of experience our members have with our Deuces.

Jeeper10

I drove it about 35 miles home. All in all the trip went well. I did have the misfortune of finding out the fuel pedal sticks occasionally when fully depressed. That was somewhat of a change the drawers experience. Otherwise it ran well, tracked true, and slowed a few speeders down lol. I've never driven anything bigger than my jeep so driving this beast was very much a new experience for me. The roads up here are just fine, i'm in upstate New York near the finger Lakes (Cornell university) and we haven't really received anything from the storm.

Jeeper10

That's what I thought it could be. I'll be figuring out how to remove it and use the box for storage. The outside of the box says high voltage. I wonder what kind of work this Old boy used to do

AZK9

... The outside of the box says high voltage. ...
I have noticed that some 'electric company' vehicles have a door on some of their trucks
that says, WARNING: High Voltage, but I've never thought about what system, or tool it
might be connected to. I wonder if some of their huge, 'boom-rigs' depend upon a high
voltage power supply? IDK... Just a thought. :)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any body know what the heck this is?View attachment 604836
I'm glad you've got the pictures working because I need more. That hydraulic ish tank looking thing is similar to the electric over hydraulic system on my dump box.

It could have been for a plow but I don't like guessing so push buttons and levers and get pics of where that thing goes?

How's the weather over there today? One of the big lessons you want to 'read' about to gain the experience from, is anticipating when you're stopping. Especially when the roads aren't perfect. Do a twenty mile drive and time the lights, intersections and plan the corners, hills as if you didn't have brakes. When you need to stop, use eye lead, distance, time to already plan your escape route to minimize personal, then property damage.

I was trained in an old international 5 and 4 back in the 80's by a patient hippy. He made me drive everywhere using only the gear box to slow down at every light. I could use the brakes for the final few feet but I had to anticipate and adjust speed to make every light or I'd be verbally beaten, then humiliated.

After a few weeks I could make that truck stand on it's back wheels and operated it for a decade without wearing down the brake pads or smashing into a subway.

Blind spot lane changes were the only other thing that is a real challenge so as long as you keep the maintenance up, you've got some great adventures ahead.....now solve that hydraulic thing for us.

P1241314.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks