• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally got my first 5ton!! Santa Brought it!

74M35A2

I messed with the injection pump today. It will not lose speed going up hill now. I found out I have a bad transfer case leak and axle pinion leaks. I have done a bunch of searching, but have not found the part numbers for them. Can someone lead me in the right direction? Does Napa carry stuff like this?

My pinion seal leaks completely stopped as soon as I ditched the spring loaded check valve vents and vented the axles to atmospheric pressure, ran tubes up high.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I put a 16.00 20 on my truck?
You can but they will rub significantly on the bed when the rear suspension articulates. You would need to limit suspension travel or raise the bed. Not a problem if you stay on roads, though:(

The pinion leaks on my deuce went away as well when I did as 74M35A2 said.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swamp Donkey-- I saw those part numbers, but where can I get the parts? Can I give my guys at NAPA those numbers and they cross reference? Or do I have to get them from a mil surplus guy?
I don't buy from civilian places unless it can't be had in surplus so I can't help you with NAPA. They wouldn't be able to do anything with the NSN but might be able to use the part number. Some military parts won't cross to civilian parts though.

If you want a surplus vendor, I prefer Erik's Military Surplus. Great guy, reasonable prices as far as vendors go and his website descriptions are very accurate so you know what you're getting and what it'll fit. Good place to go if you need something right now.

I personally buy most of my stuff from Ebay. Since I already buy and sell there it's fast and easy for me, and plenty of deals can be had with a little watching and waiting. There is some extremely overpriced stuff on their too though, so it helps to know what things normally go for. For example, in June I bought 28 of the seals we are talking about for $25 on Ebay. They are dated 2013 and are individually sealed. That's an excellent price, yet on the other end of the spectrum, there is a listing for one seal at $60. If you play with Ebay you'd do well to know some normal prices ahead of time.

I try to stock up on wear items when I find them cheap, even if I don't need them. And before I get bombed with PMs, the seals are not for sale.

I like my Michelin XLs. To each their own I reckon.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My pinion seal leaks completely stopped as soon as I ditched the spring loaded check valve vents and vented the axles to atmospheric pressure, ran tubes up high.
I did the same and ended up stopping a couple of leaks. I also just removed the shift lock solenoid on my T-case and cured my leaky front output shaft seal, along with another issue. If your building pressure in either the axles or T-case then new seals might not fix the problem.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cobra03, I have got trucks in with new michelin XL spares and the military put a sticker on them saying do not put on steer axle. Had a friend that had XL's on his truck and blew a steer tire. He bought all new XZL's the next day.

Cobra03

^ thats funny!

I removed the vent on the rear axle. It wasnt stopped up or anything. I will do the axle vent hose thing here soon.
994732_10205000682876116_868168788057257147_n.jpg
I found these at my local Napa, in stock, for $4 each. The CTIS was removed before the guy I got it from got it. They have been just open. I saw some gear oil inside of one of my wheels and figured it needed capped. What exactly goes on the front?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks