• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally had a chance to cut the locks of my tool boxes, and......

chadande

I finally had a chance to cut the locks of the tool boxes of my new truck, and......

NOTHING. Not even a mouse turd. I think this was somebodys idea of a cruel joke.
This is very likely going to cause me to drink heavily tonight. And maybe tomorrow night too.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would anyone think the BII is in a truck? When we turned something in for an "as is" turn in, we stripped off everything that wasn't bolted down. And sometimes we would unbolt stuff..

chadande

Why would anyone think the BII is in a truck? When we turned something in for an "as is" turn in, we stripped off everything that wasn't bolted down. And sometimes we would unbolt stuff..
Many of the trucks with unlocked boxes had pioneer tools and such in them so I hoped these were locked for a reason.
Still a nice truck, but you know how a guys imagination can run wild. :twisted:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The first deuce I bought had almost two complete sets of BII in it. I could not believe it when we cut the lock off....stuff actually fell out on the ground. I think all of the MK48's we loaded out of Jacksonville had locked boxes full of goodies.

jw4x4

Sounds like a flashback to Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault. There wasn't anything there either. When I got my 932 from Wright Patterson, there was nothing in either of the boxes, not even a lock.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The same thing happened to me with an M813A1 that I won out of Camp Dodge in Iowa last year. All I found was a couple empty pop cans and a mouse nest under the seat.aua

KsM715

When I got my M818 out of OKC (Norman OK actually) it had a locked tool box. Cut the lock and found everything needed for a safe roll down the hiway. Bag of hand tools, testlight, tool for the lugnuts, 12ton bottle jack triangles, fire ext. and an air hose.

Didn't cut the lock till I got home. Kinda like waiting for Christmas morning.

Sucks that there was nothing in yours.

PETE BALLARD

When i got my m1028 the contents included -
1 foot of minnesota snow in the bed
a thousand skittles wrappers
cig butts
rusty lug wrench
brand new 12 ton bottle jack - no handle
full tank of fuel

too bad you anticipation was misled by locks, i feel for you. I was surprised that i found the jack and that the fuel tank was full on my truck

Riftweaver

Snap, that sucks!

Well, you did get a nice truck though! Not that it's a cancellation prize but I would rather have a good engine than a tool box full.

grunex125

considering myself lucky that I had two full tanks of fuel when I brought mine home............. almost like a christmas present in it's self that we didn't need to fuel up on the way home. but I know what you mean when you say about a big fat nothing....