• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Found and electric gremlin!!

kcbbqguru

I have been chancing a non charging front battery, tested wires, tested alternator, but still the front battery was not charging. chased down the battery cables to the fire wall, then looked inside the cab behind glove box and found a mouse living behind the fire wall, all the wires were ate, now time to replace, but at least I evicted the mouse!!

jmsneorrcom

I just had kinda the same problem with front battery not charging -I replaced all the battery cables, still no charge - took alternator to be tested -Auto zone said no problem with charging. replace all the wires I could easily replace, still no charge
I then took the alternator back out and had it tested at Oreilys and they said it was overcharging at 15.7, replaced alternator and have had no problems -
I did all this myself with limited knowledge of vehicles. I didnt ask for any help from this forum becouse of the site bully

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had kinda the same problem with front battery not charging -I replaced all the battery cables, still no charge - took alternator to be tested -Auto zone said no problem with charging. replace all the wires I could easily replace, still no charge
I then took the alternator back out and had it tested at Oreilys and they said it was overcharging at 15.7, replaced alternator and have had no problems -
I did all this myself with limited knowledge of vehicles. I didnt ask for any help from this forum becouse of the site bully
Well the "site bully " is a guru of CUCV electrical And in the time I have been on this site I haven't seen him not help someone with a problem. He goes above and beyond to explain things so yhe person needing help understands . But most everyone on the site expects someone to do basic research and use the search function before expecting instant answers .

dstang97

The only wires there are you heater blower wires. And the wires for the Diagnostic port. You can disconnect the wires for the diagnostic port because i highly doubt you have the correct equipment to get info from it. Then find some doner wires for the blower. I think you have a alt problem also or a short. Somewhere.

ryan77

Who's the site bully??????:shock:

cpf240

IIRC, there are not any wires over there that are going to affect the charging.
But isn't the heater blower relay part of the GEN 1 circuit? Couldn't a short or something caused by a rodent chewing the wires affect that circuit? I think it is just the fuse that is shared, but I don't know where the splice is that joins the two circuits.

ryan77

Your not a bully you have answered any question ive asked you!!! Your a valuable asset to the site!!!:beer:

idM1028

But isn't the heater blower relay part of the GEN 1 circuit? Couldn't a short or something caused by a rodent chewing the wires affect that circuit? I think it is just the fuse that is shared, but I don't know where the splice is that joins the two circuits.
Yes. It is my understanding that the GEN1 light is fused off of the same fuse for the heater blower motor. IIRC the site bully has visually confirmed this. It is also my understanding that the GEN lights turn on when they are being electrically "starved." I.E. no electricity from the alts or not enough of it, the GEN lights come on. It's not uncommon for guys on here to be rolling down the road with the headlights on, the heater blowing, and the GEN1 light flickering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks