• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I GOT MY NEW ENGINE(Pic's added)

red devils dude

At 9:52 EST a large yellow Central Transportint truck delivered my new(used
but new to me) Hercules Engine Co model LDT-465-1C(1D my bad see below), and on that note the new engines air compressor looks weird not like the one on my older LD-465-1C engine any one know why?? going to try and get pics soon.

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long do you think before you get it in the truck? There were two different air compressors. A new and a old style. Good luck on the install!

SixBuy

Is the new style air compressor a two-cylinder by any chance? I've noticed some have single and some dual cylinder and always wondered why the difference. The dual seems to be more common in the commercial applications...

Desert Rat

RDD,

You have the old style single piston compressor like I do. The new compressors are longer and have two pistons in them. They look different than this type.

red devils dude

Desert Rat said:
RDD,

You have the old style single piston compressor like I do. The new compressors are longer and have two pistons in them. They look different than this type.
you mean new style, only the newer LDT-465's have the single piston
air compressor's like my new engine is a 1989 has a single piston air compressor but my old engine is a 1972 and has the two piston compressor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks