• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got pulled over in my Deuce

SoundGuy

RE: Re: RE: Re: I got pulled over in my Deuce

Hey there SoundGuy, ever get up to Camp Beauregard? They had a really nice Deuce with Military Police on the doors that some lucky person won. They have some nice trucks in that GL lot and they go pretty cheap too! It' just too far from Florida where I live but the ride up and back last week was really enjoyable!
Never head of it. Where is it at?

I agree with the needing if more steaks if deuce isn't leaning.

bottleworks

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: I got pulled over in my Deuce

bulldog_mack13 said:
Not to keep the yes it is and no it isnt thing going but , in NC it isnt illegal. Its no more illegal than a antique police car .
Do you have the general stature or any other reference information about this exception?

ssgtwright-usmc

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: I got pulled over in my Deuce

I was wondering also from the above post, its not illegal in NC to not have tags on a privately owned military vehicle or its not against the law in NC to have the words MP on a privately owned military vehicle.
Yes, I am a Durmite from NC who left NC for better weather here in Hawaii.
So what part is not illegal to have or not have in NC in case I ever move back home again.

SouthTexasDiesel

dittle said:
Does you Deuce lean to the left when you get that thing full of charcoal and steaks? If not, add more steaks :drool:
Believe it or not when I lowered it on the truck it dropped one side about an inch. That pit easily weights over 2500lbs. That's not going the be the final position on the truck, I'm going to move it forward about 2 feet and about a foot and a half toward the center to even out the load a little. If I'm doing a real BBQ (18 hours or so) I will also have a lot of gear in the truck too, close to 1200 lbs of mesquite, water, ice chests full of adult beverages. :beer:

That's why I like BBQing and not cooking. When you cook you season the food with alcohol, when you BBQ you season the cook with alcohol.

Jake0147

bottleworks said:
bulldog_mack13 said:
Not to keep the yes it is and no it isnt thing going but , in NC it isnt illegal. Its no more illegal than a antique police car .
Do you have the general stature or any other reference information about this exception?
In most states that's not going to be possible. Many have the exemption for antique police cars because there IS a law that says you can't impersonate the police. However military police are different. The statutes in question that would be violated refer to "impersonating a police officer". Military police are not police officers by most definitions. Many children this year are going to dress up and impersonate pirates and grim reapers and such, not because someone wrote a law and said that they may do so, but rather because no one wrote a law that says they can't. The actual code, and the definitions of the terms used in the code will be the determination. It boils down to this:
If the law says "you can't impersonate military police", then you can't impersonate military police. If the law says "you can't impersonate a police officer", then you still can impersonate military police. UNLESS that is, the statute's definition of terms specifically broadens the term "police officer" to include military police.
So once you reade ALL of your state laws, meaning each and every one of them, to know what they all say (and by default what they don't say), then you next have to explain to the officer (and sometimes the judge) that the word "police" on your door has been taken out of the context in which it was used on your truck door, and improperly installed in a different context when someone applied the law to you.
I'm sure it's the kind of thing that is better to go through if you have an actual code book available to assist in such explanations to well intentioned police officers.

bottleworks

Jake0147 said:
Many have the exemption for antique police cars because there IS a law that says you can't impersonate the police. However military police are different. The statutes in question that would be violated refer to "impersonating a police officer". Military police are not police officers by most definitions.
I am looking for actual data -- references. How about this... In NC, can an "antique police car", privately owned, that is less then 35 years old, have blue lights mounted on it?

If someone did get arrested, they would need this data.

tjcouch

My police story after been followed on the interstate by a trooper and pulled over after exiting.

FHP: Are you in the army?

Me: No sir, but my truck used to be.

FHP: Why don't you have a license plate?

Me: As of January, I am not required to if yadda yadda yadda.

FHP: Huh, I had not heard that. Well, I am going to assume you know what you are talking about, and if you are driving a truck like that, I hope you do!

Me: *laughing* Yeah, I am on the up and up.

FHP: Cool truck, take care!

Me: Will do - be safe! *pushing the starter button.*

bubba_got_you

tjcouch said:
My police story after been followed on the interstate by a trooper and pulled over after exiting.

FHP: Are you in the army?

Me: No sir, but my truck used to be.

FHP: Why don't you have a license plate?

Me: As of January, I am not required to if yadda yadda yadda.

FHP: Huh, I had not heard that. Well, I am going to assume you know what you are talking about, and if you are driving a truck like that, I hope you do!

Me: *laughing* Yeah, I am on the up and up.

FHP: Cool truck, take care!

Me: Will do - be safe! *pushing the starter button.*
how do you not haft to have a tag?

tjcouch

(5) A former military vehicle that is used only in exhibitions, parades, or public display is exempt from the requirement to display a license plate or registration insignia if the exemption is necessary to maintain the vehicle's accurate military markings. However, the license plate and registration certificate issued under this section must be carried within the vehicle and available for inspection by any law enforcement officer.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...String=military+vehicle&URL=CH0320/Sec086.HTM

Jake0147

bottleworks said:
Jake0147 said:
Many have the exemption for antique police cars because there IS a law that says you can't impersonate the police. However military police are different. The statutes in question that would be violated refer to "impersonating a police officer". Military police are not police officers by most definitions.
I am looking for actual data -- references. How about this... In NC, can an "antique police car", privately owned, that is less then 35 years old, have blue lights mounted on it?

If someone did get arrested, they would need this data.

This is a question that I'd bet money you could find specifically written law. AFAIK every state has their statutes available online somewhere or other. This issue will be there because the blue light is specifically regulated. Only after it is regulated can there be an exemption to allow it's use in certain situations.

I've driven a red pickuip truck for ten years. Nobody has ever found me guilty of impersonating a fireman. But I certainly am not certified or authorized to drive a fire truck.. But I'll be darned if I can find the law that says that it is legal for 1995 Fords to be painted red without requiring special permits? There is no law about old ford trucks being red, therefore it IS legal. Not the other way around.

If indeed it IS legal in your state to have Military Police markings, then you will NOT find a law to say so. You'll only find the law if it IS regulated. If it is regulated, there might be exemptions or conditional uses, but you can only exempt something from a law if there is a law. If it's not mentioned, it's not regulated.

pvtjorge

Texas has the same statute as Florida concerning the registering as a Former Militray Vehicle.

Last edited:

zak

Ssgtwright-usmc you would'nt want to work for the border patrol, now called ICE. All they do in my state is give the illegal a slip of paper with a hearing date and let them go. How many do you think show up for a hearing or for that matter keep that slip of paper in their hand for more than a few seconds.

gonorth

Does you Deuce lean to the left when you get that thing full of charcoal and steaks? If not, add more steaks :drool:
That 'ballast' hanging on the left isn't a grill. I think that duece gets used for wake boarding. Run that rig in about 4' of water and the lean caused by that ballast being all on one side would produce a killer wake.

Malibu, MasterCraft, Moomba, Tige, look out there is new competition in your market place!

opie65

You guys and your blue lights... How are you going to pull anyone over as a Volunteer Fireman! Everyone wants to give advice, but nobody even uses the same lights for police from State to State.

I wondered why the Road Crew tried to pull me over one night in IL.... Never even slowed until he pulled along side. That was fun.

DicedDeuceMan

As far as being leagal to have MP on your truck.. I think this will explain the armys attitude,

Win something on GL. Go to Fort Dix, to pick it up in your M37 fully restored with US ARMY on the hoood.. While your being inspected, by 2 to 3, shaved head, boots too tight to get a few specks of sand in them, shinnier than hell, fully loaded clips with extra ammo, while they are inspecting your truck, ( they never let their gun from their right hand.) Point their gun at USARMY, They turn to you and say, you cant have this on your truck..

Do you
A: argue?
B: Act stupid and say "have what on my truck?"
C: Find the roll of OD duct tape you have for your top and quickly tape over the USARMY.

After the stair down, I made sure I pushed harder on the tape and said, "That shouldn't come off, I'll paint over it when I get home"

2 hours to load, hour to get home, 2 hours to offload, heat from the engine.

Time it took to pry that sheit off my hood....... and clean the stickyness from my baby...
Priceless......

PsycoBob

Colored lights vary by state, and sometimes by county. In NY, yellow can be on the vehicle, white, red and blue are restricted to one degree or another.

In NY, you can be charged with "Giving the impression that you are a police officer." Note that this does not require you to say you are a police officer, wear a uniform, have flashing lights of any color, etc. You can actually be charged just because someone complained that they thought you were a cop.

AFAIK, this statute is used to deal with the occasional weenie that has been pulling people over in a generic car/pickup/etc by flashing headlights or honking, and proceeding to harass their victim. I heard of one incident where the 'victim' got pulled over, nodded until the guy left, then kept driving- only to be harrassed again. He pulled into the State Police barracks up the road, got out of his car, and when the idiot walked up to him again spouting nonsense... he pulled his Syracuse Detective's badge and said "Here's mine, where's yours?" Idiot was promptly attested by the Troopers. :-D

The only reason I even know about this little tidbit is my first car was a used P71 Ford Crown Vic, and I did some research about the legality of the car's emblems and reattaching the spotlights. Spotlights are kosher if you don't get stupid. In NY, you can have the word "Police" on your car only if it's OEM. I've seen plenty of cars with the little Ford "Police Interceptor" emblem stuck on them- if the cop gets pissy about it, any car newer than the mid ninties that isn't a Ford CV with P71 in the vin can get you charged. Ford stopped making "Inteceptor" Mustangs in the mid ninties, and noone else actually used the words "Police Interceptor" on an exterior logo.

SouthTexasDiesel, that thing is actually a bbq/smoker, not a grill, right? I'd be really dissapointed if a texan wanted to just burn his meat like so many suburbanites around here...:razz:

Last edited:

gray_shadow

If it looks like a small steam engine with a smaller firebox at one end and one or more smoke stacks, it is a smoker. You CAN use it the other way, but it would be "silly".:-D Ten years in Texas...still drag my "New Braunsfeld" with me every time we move.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks