• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got wood !!!!

MDSA

Got wood

That's a load!

How much weight you think you have there?

We cut wood to heat and sell the extra for a little extra cash, and I believe in teaching my 3 boys the value of HARD work. They have asked to fill the Deuce up with wood, but noone wants to buy a Deuce load. We sell by the pickup truck load.

The pickup is full of wood and ready to deliver. The tarp behind the trucks covers a lot of wood.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Got wood

A respectable load. Cutting wood is a respectable job for young men. It will teach them respect and the benifits of having good equipment.

Lee in Alaska

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

Ok, how many cords of wood fit in a Deuce when it is stacked evenly to the top of the troop seat/sideracks?

ironhorsethegeneral

about 2 1/2 to 3 cords roughly. We also filled our truck up with wood about a year ago and it is alot of wood. It gave us a stack pile of 32 feet long and 5 feet high. Still had some left over.

FreightTrain

Banned
Got a bunch of fellers that are thinking of selling Firewood at next years Dega Race since it will be in late October.They have sold before and get 1 buck a split log.Just think the money we could make with a deuce....or better yet.Load down a M814 to the max.....Bet I could sell 4 or 5 truck loads in a day down there.CHA CHING!

lenz1079

HA!! i have a central boiler wood stove and i heat mine and the neighbors house with it. (2 men slaved to same stove a real good deal) we burned 10 loads like that last year. the problem was we had to burn green wood so we hauled about 40% more than if it was cured

rockman

I used to sell firewood also ans would load two cords into my duece. Worked out pretty well. Looks like you got 2 1/2 cords or more. You can also get large logs lifted into back to cut and split.

Bill

Deuce_of_Spades

drmeece those pics of yourse are cool! They look so "back in the old days'ish"! I didnt even think to use my bows! I could have squeezed a bit more in!!! Oh well that why I love this SS. I am always learning something new here!!! This was my load this year. All solid oak and mohagany. Deucey noticed it but she was a trooper! Made for some nice firewood.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks