• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I GUESS MY M1008'S Turbocharger is too small

Kaiser67M715

Keep PSI under 10, and EGT under 1100F for safe operation. my 6.5 turbo runs 6-700F normal, when pushing uphill rises to 950-1000F. only 10psboost because my wategate opens too soon

EGT on turbo engine is normally hotter then NA, because you are compressing and Heating the incoming air. you can help reduce EGT with intercooler or meth injection, but overkill unless you are looking for max power.

Ilikemtb999

Keep PSI under 10, and EGT under 1100F for safe operation. my 6.5 turbo runs 6-700F normal, when pushing uphill rises to 950-1000F. only 10psboost because my wategate opens too soon

EGT on turbo engine is normally hotter then NA, because you are compressing and Heating the incoming air. you can help reduce EGT with intercooler or meth injection, but overkill unless you are looking for max power.
The drive pressure is much lower with the hx35w than a stock 6.5 turbo which means more safe boost. I also ran 12 psi without any issues on my 6.2 with a gm-4 turbo. My EGT really never got much over 900* pre turbo.

Kaiser67M715

The drive pressure is much lower with the hx35w than a stock 6.5 turbo which means more safe boost. I also ran 12 psi without any issues on my 6.2 with a gm-4 turbo. My EGT really never got much over 900* pre turbo.
yeah, I'm hoping to go to a boost regulated wastegate system, currently I'm running a mechanical spring pressure, and am fairly certian it opens way too soon, which allows overfueling, and that contributes to the higher EGT when pushing it. actually hope to upgrade to a HX35 myself this summer. I want to try and get 15psi boost safely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks