• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I had a great day! Five running M923 trucks!

91W350

After work yesterday I swapped out batteries in a M923 and took it for a spin.

Today I got a Michelin 1100 X 20 off of the M923 and replaced it with a Goodyear. That truck now has all Goodyears in great shape. I took the Michelin and mounted it on a deuce wheel, then put it on the truck's right rear. We had a M105 trailer come in with both 1100 Michelins mounted to roll the same direction. I put one in the spare tire rack and the other on the left rear. That finished out my truck with Michelins. Looks and drives great!

We had a couple of 923s stashed in some trees ar the dead intersection of two old dirt streets. They were pretty well hidden with their green camo and all lf the low hanging tree limbs. Fired up the 923 and slaved off both of the hidden trucks. BOOM! Deuce like starting! There was a pretty rough Marine Corp truck nearby on singles and it fired instantly. One of our drivers speared the lower hood bracket with a fork and bent it pretty badly on an otherwise very nice truck. I went down and slaved it off. I think the flywheel must have been afraid of the starter, it must have fired on the first compression stroke. We will have to fix that one. I drove it around for a while. Super nice driving truck! Much more of that truck and I will be buying one... Anyway, it was a great day in the green iron.

Last edited:

91W350

Not yet, no SF-97s yet. We will wait to apply until we know which trucks we want to keep. No sense spending the money on a dead horse.

madmachinistm1a1

I think I had more fun than anybody out there today. Got to drive a few 923's around the yard a little bit. Can't believe how easy they are to handle. Seems like you can just see forwards and backwards a lot more than a duece.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks