• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hate paperwork!

Mtrdrms

This business that GL has going is such a crock. They nickel and dime the hell out of you! Now that I finally got my SF-97 (what's that, about 60 bucks)I thought I was in the clear. Wrong. I went to DMV and got a temp plate and paid my taxes so I could go through emissions so I could get a hard plate. Turns out the VIN on the SF-97 is different from the one on my truck. So the people over at GL's titling department F'ed up and they won't send me out the right one until they recieve the wrong one from me!

So its another few weeks and another $20 for a temp plate and back to emissions. Sorry - had to vent a little.

Andy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's such a crock, why did you buy one from them? There are lots of dealers that have CUCV's for sale and no hastle paperwork.

Dealing with GL saves you some $, but often the monetary savings is paid for 2 fold by headaches..

Mtrdrms

If it's such a crock, why did you buy one from them? There are lots of dealers that have CUCV's for sale and no hastle paperwork.

Dealing with GL saves you some $, but often the monetary savings is paid for 2 fold by headaches..
Trust me, I won't be buying from them again. I did not do my homework on them and I wasn't prepared for the GL buying experience. My own fault. I, unfortunatly, do not know of any dealers with CUCV's. In the end I guess GL may have saved me a few bucks, (I had to sink a bit into my truck to get it running) but the fact of the matter is 3 months and few thousand bucks later I still don't have a truck I can legally take down the road.

Why doesn't the 97 come with the truck when you pick it up?

papercu

SF-97 used to be free but there was so many problems because many buyers "didn't do their homework" first. G/L started charging for the hassle.
Correct me if I wrong but isn't the buyer suppose to check the info BEFORE sending for the SF-97? Wayne
From G/L TOS:
Customer must verify the following pertinent information required to complete a SF97:
Vehicles – VIN#, Year, Make, Model, Body Style, Weight, MILEAGE, Number of engine cylinders and Fuel type
(Any missing information will delay our processing of your request)

Mtrdrms

SF-97 used to be free but there was so many problems because many buyers "didn't do their homework" first. G/L started charging for the hassle.
Correct me if I wrong but isn't the buyer suppose to check the info BEFORE sending for the SF-97? Wayne
From G/L TOS:
Customer must verify the following pertinent information required to complete a SF97:
Vehicles – VIN#, Year, Make, Model, Body Style, Weight, MILEAGE, Number of engine cylinders and Fuel type
(Any missing information will delay our processing of your request)
Everything was legit on my end. they sent me the wrong one.

scottc

The Sf-97 should be issued at the time of pick up. They kind of have you by the balls. I also noticed that my amex card was charged before my EUC cleared, even before it was sent to Battle Creek. That does not seem appropriate either. I have paid for a vehicle that I do not have and can get possesion of, but they have gone ahead and collected my money. Not a big deal, but it still seems a little unethical.

papercu

wrong one
Wrong one, What? you said VIN. The way I read G/L, after your truck is home you send in for the SF-97 with the correct info that you supply. Are you saying you sent in the right numbers and then they miss typed it? Wayne

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim Henry sells CUCV's, he's a good guy who stands behind his stuff. He has an ad in MV Magazine for blazers, pickups, and contact trucks.

Mtrdrms

Wrong one, What? you said VIN. The way I read G/L, after your truck is home you send in for the SF-97 with the correct info that you supply. Are you saying you sent in the right numbers and then they miss typed it? Wayne
They sent me the wrong SF-97. They sent me one for a 1028 (GVWR 9k-10k VIN code H). Why do you think I am upset?!

rottiedog

I love dealing with GL!!! Having to deal with them right now on a jetski. They want an EUC which I did to comply but I made the mistake of asking why.... They got a little snippy. Stated that the Gov dictates the codes. I said GREAT, I work for the Gov, cna I get a point of contact to correct this obvious mistake???

Answer was NO

Still waiting for EUC to clear on my military jetski.

ABN173

Don't get me started on GL, I just had a encounter with them on the cucv I won, they would not accept my EUC because my Driver's License did not match my physical address. Wow an army guy with an out of state DL no way........

scottc

Yes,we have an option not to buy from GL, but they are not a government organization. They are a business, that should put a little more into customer care. I have always had courteous dealings with GL's site employees. It seems like the main office/ pencil pushers are where you get an attitude. It amazes me that you fax things to a number that is advertised, wait 5-7 days, call to see if they received your fax, then get told they do not have it, and then you are given a totally different number to fax it to. This has happened on my last two EUC's. As for the 60.00 sf-97, that does not bother me, they are in business to make a profit. I would hate to see what kind of crap you would have to go through at your local tag office to transform a sf-97 into a working title. Probably twice the and ten times the headache.

davesbf

GL claims they do not make errors,maybe we should have a raise of hands (posts) as to how many have been told they (GL) never received the EUC submission.I personally know of 3 so far.:evil:

Mtrdrms

I emailed them and heard nothing for 2 days so I called and the lady was a little annoyed that I would call and email!?!? Well why don't you get back to me then??? So she assured me that she would talk to her manager and get back to me today. guess what? nothing.

Mtrdrms

Well I called to check the status of my situation and to their credit, they admitted the mistake and will ship one asap and I should see it within 2 weeks. Oh well - such is life.

Andy

papercu

assuming your state will take a title bond
According to the DMV of NY to get a title certificate you need a:
Acceptable Proofs of Ownership

Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles - model year 1973 or newer

The acceptable proof of ownership is a title certificate from any state and a bill of sale. The person whose name appears on the proof of ownership must sign the transfer section of the proof of ownership.
I assume New York is a state.
I am not talking about one of the nationwide title bond outfits, I meant a insurance company in your state or city. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks