• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have 2 M105A2 trailers, need opinions

samsimpson

One is a 97 Pribbs Steel & Mfg. M105A2 with canopy bows, but no canopy.

The other is a 97 Turtle Mountain M105A2 with no canopy. Both are super nice.

I assume the one with the canopy would be worth more, but I don't know if manufacturers play in any part in value or if one or the other is better.

Thanks for any opinions :)

RealCavDog

One is a 97 Pribbs Steel & Mfg. M105A2 with canopy bows, but no canopy.

The other is a 97 Turtle Mountain M105A2 with no canopy. Both are super nice.

I assume the one with the canopy would be worth more, but I don't know if manufacturers play in any part in value or if one or the other is better.

Thanks for any opinions :)

Thinking this should be in the trailer section, not the Deuce section.

Notice you also have started a new MV website, so thinking breaking areas down by subject would make it easier to navigate.

Anyway, on your question, condition determines value, as does personal preference !

Oh, almost forgot . . .

nopics

RealCavDog

As you are probably already aware, the 105 series is not as popular due to size and weight, I myself have a very nice one with fresh Carc, new tires and composite sides and gates topped with the metal bows and a perfect tarp, and I am in to it for less than $500.00 plus a trip to Ft. Riley to get it!

I would guess the one with sides and bows to be worth a bit more than the other, both paint jobs look decent, tires harder to tell, but look fairly matched. Pribbs appear to be the larger contract builder, but have not really noticed a real cult following of either !

Nice pics and good luck with your project !

midcounty

Bought one with good paint and sides on it for 200 buucks just before the scrap prices went up. At the same time bought another that was a little rusty for 150. These aren't super valuable due to the weight making them not well suited for use behind a pickup truck.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Um, so exactly what is the question you want to get an opinion on?? Are asking if you should keep one and sell one? As for manufacturers, the trailers should be built to military specs so they should be pretty much the same in quality.

samsimpson

Just wanted to see if one is worth more/is better than the other. I want to replace the bed on my bobbed deuce since it is rusty. Down here they go for around $500 to $1K, saw one sell for $1.4K that had a canopy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a little hodgepodge of stuff going on there. The trailer with the racks has the later body with the extra upright supports on the sides. It aLso has an older frame on it with the weaker tie down loops welded to the bottom of the frame. The rackless trailer has the older body without the extra supports but has a newer frame with the stouter tie down brackets. Looks to me that the rack trailer has the single hose brake system. I wouldn't put too much creedence in the manufacturer. The market for mfr specific trailers is smaller than tiny.

samsimpson

Thanks for that info! I will either use the one on the weaker frame for my bobbed deuce or swap both bodies and use the older body. Thanks for that info, very helpful!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks